Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood C:\> Get on the Night Train. || You are on the Night Train. There is an Axl Rose here.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Down

Author Topic: Upcoming shows  (Read 26773 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Upcoming shows
« Reply #135 on: May 03, 2012, 02:10:36 pm »

I really need to be in a band.

Maybe you should look up these guys.  Cause they're in the neighborhood.  And they really need some help.  Really.

You could call the new band "Trey".
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Upcoming shows
« Reply #136 on: May 03, 2012, 02:15:12 pm »

Thing I wish I had more of in my life: local friends who like music and like to go to shows.  I post things like "The Avett Brothers are playing at the Patriot Center next Friday, anyone wanna go?" to Facebook and I hear jack shit back. Then I think about who I would actually expect to answer that affirmatively, and I'm coming up blank. My friends who like the same music I do all live elsewhere. That bites my ass.

Sometimes I think our musical taste is in that narrow range where we both like bands that the other person is more like "yeah, they're OK, I guess, but I wouldn't see them live."
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Upcoming shows
« Reply #137 on: May 03, 2012, 04:29:00 pm »

Aug, my response to that video was "ok, guess it's time to move to north city."
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Upcoming shows
« Reply #138 on: May 03, 2012, 07:00:57 pm »

Aug, my response to that video was "ok, guess it's time to move to north city."

Seems like a wise choice to me.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Upcoming shows
« Reply #139 on: June 04, 2012, 05:17:39 am »

This summer is looking pretty good, for Salt Lake anyway. First up are the Liars and the Dirty Projectors next month, then Dead Can Dance, Built to Spill and Yeasayer in August. There are a few others but those are the ones that come to mind.

For the first summer since like 2006 I'm not traveling to attend any shows. Unless Tom Waits or someone else on my will travel anywhere in the contiguous United States to see list decides to tour.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Upcoming shows
« Reply #140 on: June 04, 2012, 05:56:50 am »

My friends/roommates' band has two gigs coming up opening for awesome touring garage bands. Cool. Natural Child and the Useless Eaters.

I am mad because I told my friends I wanted to start a band called The Eaters and no one liked that idea.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Upcoming shows
« Reply #141 on: June 05, 2012, 06:20:48 pm »

...me!

I was just asked to come do a guest set at a for pay show, with like...tickets and everything.   

http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/238730

Crazy!

So, things have been quite good on the comedy front.  Shortly after I last posted a set, I grew angry and sick of everything I've written, threw it all out and started from scratch.   I've been getting some pretty good reactions since then.

Feel free to take a listen and JUDGE ME with your HEART: http://soundcloud.com/notseanmcbride/funhouse-lounge-open-mic-5-29/s-er6sD
Logged

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Upcoming shows
« Reply #142 on: June 05, 2012, 06:45:54 pm »

It IS Portland.

We do have a comedy festival coming up called "All Jane, No Dick" ... So the HeShe show is probably in a few months.
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Upcoming shows
« Reply #143 on: June 26, 2012, 05:04:08 am »

Head here to buy tickets to Louis CK's upcoming tour: https://buy.louisck.net/tour-dates

You can only buy them at this site and if you try to resell them at a higher price HE WILL CUT YOUR fuck*ng HEAD OFF.

Not really, but apparently he might cancel your ticket. Not hitting Salt Lake so I'm going to catch him in Phoenix. I hate Phoenix but I wanted a Saturday show and didn't want to go to Denver in December.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Upcoming shows
« Reply #144 on: June 26, 2012, 05:31:55 am »

my Bro bought a couple extra tickets with the intent of selling them to me and our other friend so that we could all sit together. I might be going to this.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Upcoming shows
« Reply #145 on: June 26, 2012, 06:39:19 am »

Holy crap, he's playing at Jones Hall. That's pretty much the nicest venue in Houston. I haven't been there since I saw Beck and the Flaming Lips put on a simply amazing show there.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Upcoming shows
« Reply #146 on: June 26, 2012, 06:53:27 am »

Holy crap, he's playing at Jones Hall. That's pretty much the nicest venue in Houston. I haven't been there since I saw Beck and the Flaming Lips put on a simply amazing show there.

I considered trying to make that, but I've already planned a trip to Chicago the next weekend.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Upcoming shows
« Reply #147 on: June 26, 2012, 01:55:16 pm »

His Kennedy Center show sold out by the time I saw his tweet last night. Boo.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Upcoming shows
« Reply #148 on: July 28, 2012, 11:37:18 pm »

sMets is going to see Wilco tonight. He's at the show already if his Facebook is to be believed.

Here's this to upstage him while he's away.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Up