Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
That Word Front, the kind host of TOUAMB.com, offers high quality t-shirts for sale?

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bullshit coalition  (Read 2153 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Bullshit coalition
« on: March 25, 2011, 09:44:22 pm »

Great it's time for another Canadian Federal Election.  Fourth one in seven years.  I'm betting on another total waste of time and money with results similar to the last two.   fuck*ng bullshit.

Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Bullshit coalition
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2011, 04:21:08 am »

You guys better keep it together or well start bombing your air defense.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Bullshit coalition
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 01:47:05 am »

Don't Vote For Mean People.So Canadian it hurts.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Bullshit coalition
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2011, 01:06:01 am »

I know you're all awaiting the results as eagerly as I am.  Eep.  Hoping it's not more of the same bullshit.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Bullshit coalition
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2011, 03:46:42 pm »

I'll just mention here, as slightly germane, that I'm really happy to be living in a place where I like and support many of my public servants. The folks I've had a hand in electing in Portland actually push for positions that I support, which is a refreshing change.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Bullshit coalition
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2011, 05:41:00 am »

Wow - that turned out really badly.  If you take a look at this map, and if you can spot Winnipeg on it, you may note a tiny, tiny blip of orange.  That's my neighborhood.  The Orange is the leftist NDP seats (102 seats), the blue is the Conservative party (167 seats), the red is what's left of the ravaged Liberal party (34 seats). 

Bad times to come - the Conservatives have a proven track record of major cuts to woman's programs and disregard for aboriginal and poverty issues.

As for your post Nabu, my neighbourhood is odd, as it votes along the same lines and my beliefs, but it is an island, surrounded by elected officials of opposing opinions.  The party I typically support, the NDP, is the official opposition for the first time in history.  Their views are the polar opposite of the new ruling party - the Conservative party.

I, like many Canadians had expected little change.  In my riding, that was true, but over all the breakdown of the Liberal party has had a dramatic effect over the country and what will happen over the next four years.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Bullshit coalition
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2011, 02:03:49 pm »

I'm really sorry to hear this.

My larger neighborhood is much the same, in that I live in Portland (a bastion of freethinking/progressives) in a state that can be alarmingly . . . well, I don't want to run anybody down. Let's just say that I was pretty horrified when I saw the numbers of folks who came out for the doddering old fool/madwoman ticket (whoops, I did it anyway). I fool myself by being surrounded by hippies and freaks.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Bullshit coalition
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2011, 03:12:11 pm »

Even Vancouver is blue.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: [1]   Go Up