I don't think the singer has a great vocal range, being a Glaswegian estate girl.
The band are blatantly a rip-off of such bands as Theatre of Tragedy (Evanescence's first single in particular).
They're just not doing anything original, and are turning being a goth/rock/erm, not much else, band, into pure pop. They are taking the place of Linkin Park over here.
They make me as sick as Busted, the pop punk band who just spurted into fame across here, and have been appearing 24/7 on TV.
Ugh.
--
OK. So, maybe I ranted strong there, and I'll explain, so as not to appear as just some opinionated jerk when it comes to music (though I am!).
Evanescence are another in a line of bands who are making it big when they hardly even try, and don't appear to have an ounce of fuck*ng integrity. Now I have just about come to terms with the pop/boy band stuff on this level, but with it happening to rock I just can't help but feel the death of the genre that I have been most involved with since my youth, when it was altogether a far better genre on the whole.
What really worries me is that after I finish putting in three years work on the album that I am at the moment, and god knows how much money and hopefully originality, I may not manage to make any kind of living from it. And with people like them managing to, that feels horribly unfair.
But... I guess we'll see.
And I am an opinionated jerk when it comes to music, since it is what I do.