Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood There’s no Day for apologizing to our parents for all the stupid shit we put them through. Perhaps because we never finish before they die.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: I want a new guitar  (Read 7475 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: I want a new guitar
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2011, 06:36:58 pm »

I don't know what it has to do with a "pawn shop," but this new Mustang looks bad-ass.

Lately I want to swap my Jag's pickups for humbuckers. Somewhere I saw some humbuckers that are specifically made to be the size/shape of single-coils so it would be easy to do this kind of swap.

This time home I'm going to take my electric apart.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: I want a new guitar
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2011, 05:32:07 am »

I have always thought SG-colored guitars looked great. Matte!
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: I want a new guitar
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2011, 02:41:35 am »

Give some serious thought to the PRS SE Korina.  The humbucker model can be found for under $600, and it has a fast neck like an SG.  PRS SE guitars in general are well-made instruments.

The Squier Classic Vibe series are very good entry-level Fenders.  I bought a Classic Vibe 50s Telecaster for $300 cash and like it a lot, even though the body is made of pine. 

My favorite guitar is a Fender Road Worn 50s Stratocaster.  They can be found online used for $600 or less. 
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: I want a new guitar
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2011, 02:54:01 am »

I didn't read this whole thread because of life, but I have a beautiful red fender stratocaster collecting dust in my basement if you want to talk about that.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: I want a new guitar
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2011, 03:04:52 am »

I didn't read this whole thread because of life, but I have a beautiful red fender stratocaster collecting dust in my basement if you want to talk about that.

Send it down here and I'll knock the dust off it for you.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: I want a new guitar
« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2011, 03:30:32 am »

Give some serious thought to the PRS SE Korina.  The humbucker model can be found for under $600, and it has a fast neck like an SG.  PRS SE guitars in general are well-made instruments.

The Squier Classic Vibe series are very good entry-level Fenders.  I bought a Classic Vibe 50s Telecaster for $300 cash and like it a lot, even though the body is made of pine. 

My favorite guitar is a Fender Road Worn 50s Stratocaster.  They can be found online used for $600 or less. 

My friend's SG has a skinny neck, actually. They're kind of hard to find like that, but I really like them.

I gotta figure shipping a guitar across the country isn't cheap, but what's the story on the strat, A-Cap?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: I want a new guitar
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2011, 01:37:26 am »

So, end result, as I said elsewhere, is a '05 Les Paul standard. Mercy!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: I want a new guitar
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2011, 03:29:30 am »

We are waiting for the video of you rocking out.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: I want a new guitar
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2011, 02:19:29 pm »

We are waiting for the video of you rocking out.

I look a lot like the honey badger when I rock out.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: I want a new guitar
« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2011, 10:10:52 pm »

Quote
Look at that sleepy fuck...
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: I want a new guitar
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2011, 10:24:06 pm »

You've seen videos of Sunn O))), right?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: I want a new guitar
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2011, 10:27:58 pm »

That is the kind of music that really makes me wish I didn't get randomly drug-tested for my jorb. Actually, a lot of the music I listen to makes me wish that.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: I want a new guitar
« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2011, 10:38:22 pm »

That is the kind of music that really makes me wish I didn't get randomly drug-tested for my jorb. Actually, a lot of the music I listen to makes me wish that.

I whole-heartedly agree with the sentiment. I'm not sure why I waited until I stopped getting high to pick up the guitar.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: I want a new guitar
« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2011, 03:17:35 am »

I have always thought SG-colored guitars looked great. Matte!

oh man, a 59 sunburst les paul, what a great thing to auction off at your wedding.

personally, I have always wanted this certain Les Paul that I have only seen Bob Marley with.
Except maybe a little darker, like more of a brown than a red. I don't know why, but a wood-grain LP seems like a really good Basic Rock Music guitar. So, you know, if my band sells lots of albums in the imaginary future, I will buy such a thing.

Until then I will stick with my really nice, awesome, blue guitar. Which, awesomely, now costs half of what I paid for it.

You really seem to like those. I almost bought one when I was looking. I was very close, but then I pulled the Standard off the wall and the rest was history. The one I was looking at was indeed quite dark and sort of a matte finish. It was like $600 or so, but they've since sold it.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: I want a new guitar
« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2011, 04:17:44 am »

Where are the pics of the guitar?  It's not This one perchance?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up