Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

When the creations of a genius collide with the mind of a layman, and produce an empty sound, there is little doubt as to which is at fault. - Salvador Dali

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 31   Go Down

Author Topic: The Unofficial Non-YouTube Link Thread  (Read 92455 times)

0 Members and 10 Guests are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: The Unofficial Non-YouTube Link Thread
« Reply #255 on: March 17, 2012, 01:35:49 pm »

Don't like. Why throw greater incentives on trophy hunting than there already are? If you build a horn and cape industry you're going to have to police the shit out of it.

That's been the issue since ever. They really don't want it to be incentivized, which is why they only just now started allowing people who get stuck with shit after a divorce (you get the house and everything in it, including my brown bear mount) to sell them. Estates have always been able to sell stuff. However, some folks want it wide open. I don't think it'll fly. I believe that taxidermists who get stuck with stuff still can't sell it, but I'm not sure I am remembering correctly.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: The Unofficial Non-YouTube Link Thread
« Reply #256 on: March 18, 2012, 06:28:28 am »

It hits her in the head every time.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: The Unofficial Non-YouTube Link Thread
« Reply #257 on: March 18, 2012, 07:36:51 pm »

It hits her in the head every time.

And this TCoDP is going to hit you, too.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: The Unofficial Non-YouTube Link Thread
« Reply #259 on: March 20, 2012, 02:58:43 pm »

a coloring book from out in left field

I want that.

Cornell is clearly playing a bass.

"Walter Pigeon" - that was probably too tempting to resist.

And then at the end, 1973. Wow.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: The Unofficial Non-YouTube Link Thread
« Reply #260 on: March 20, 2012, 04:11:40 pm »

And then at the end, 1973. Wow.
The bit about losing the dime in the pay phone tipped me to the era.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: The Unofficial Non-YouTube Link Thread
« Reply #261 on: March 20, 2012, 05:35:00 pm »

Good point.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: The Unofficial Non-YouTube Link Thread
« Reply #262 on: March 20, 2012, 07:27:14 pm »

And then at the end, 1973. Wow.

This coloring book sums up what I have been trying to articulate for years.  The 70s were the coolest time in American History.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: The Unofficial Non-YouTube Link Thread
« Reply #263 on: March 20, 2012, 07:54:07 pm »

Well, I'll go with the 40s, but it sure seems like living in an era makes it seem unpleasant (he says, as he carries on a discussion with people all over the world that he's never met).
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: The Unofficial Non-YouTube Link Thread
« Reply #265 on: March 30, 2012, 06:12:43 am »

what patton oswalt is really saying is, "you current 'nerds' get off my lawn!"

he has a point, but the first 2 comments("Greylurk" and "TonyGoldmark") are right on the money, as well.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: The Unofficial Non-YouTube Link Thread
« Reply #266 on: April 05, 2012, 06:11:54 pm »

Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: The Unofficial Non-YouTube Link Thread
« Reply #267 on: April 05, 2012, 07:12:08 pm »

The Astrodome.

I know, it's a crying shame, isn't it.

I prefer to remember the Astrodome like this.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Jaded Tersk

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 49
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 166
    • View Profile
Re: The Unofficial Non-YouTube Link Thread
« Reply #268 on: April 06, 2012, 06:51:11 pm »

I didn't know that the Astrodome wasn't a thing anymore.  In my mind the Padres still play at Jack Murphy stadium.  If it happened after I left, I can be in denial.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: The Unofficial Non-YouTube Link Thread
« Reply #269 on: April 06, 2012, 10:09:46 pm »

I didn't know that the Astrodome wasn't a thing anymore.

It's been out of commission for about 15 years, really.  I took this photo last year.  This photo was taken the last time I was there, In 2004.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 31   Go Up