I've nothing against the American League, but fuck that noise. I've been rooting for the National league all my goddamn life. How the hell am I supposed to switch loyalties now?
When the Seahawks went back to the NFC West about a decade ago I had mixed feelings. On the one hand, I see a lot less of the Broncos. On the other, there are fewer chances to improve our record against the Broncos. Also, the NFC West is really boring. BUT, the Seahawks can now meet the Broncos in the Super Bowl. It was SO CLOSE for Super Bowl XL. fuck*ng Steelers. And we would have crushed them. Have I mentioned before that there are only a few things I desire more than a Super Bowl victory over the Broncos?
Anyway, change in sports is almost never a good thing (I think I've mentioned before that I am still nostalgic for the Kingdome even though Seattle has a beautiful ballpark and football stadium), so I feel for you. But for me, if the Mariners were to switch to the NL the problem wouldn't be switching loyalties, because I hate more AL teams than NL teams. I can't remember the last time I rooted for the AL in the World Series. But yeah, it sucks.