Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Irish Nachos are a charming take on the original, but I wonder what Uighur Nachos would be like. A mutton leg on a crisped pita?

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31   Go Down

Author Topic: The Unofficial Non-YouTube Link Thread  (Read 92076 times)

0 Members and 11 Guests are viewing this topic.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: The Unofficial Non-YouTube Link Thread
« Reply #420 on: September 07, 2013, 09:51:55 pm »

Playing a wizard in Dungeon Robber got a lot easier once I realized I could charm bandits to become  my henchmen.  Better yet, my guy has CHA as his high stat, so I can get 2 henchmen.  I have to share food with them to heal them, but it seems like a reasonable tradeoff, and their stats are better than the joes and janes you get in the inn.  I'm curious to try charming higher level monsters and see if there is a limit to how powerful a minion I can get.

Yeah man. I know what you mean.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: The Unofficial Non-YouTube Link Thread
« Reply #421 on: September 09, 2013, 04:14:49 am »

The official track of September. Or your your nearest furry convention. Take your pick. Thoroughly enjoyable.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: The Unofficial Non-YouTube Link Thread
« Reply #422 on: September 10, 2013, 03:19:39 am »

The official track of September. Or your your nearest furry convention. Take your pick. Thoroughly enjoyable.

A-hee-ahee ha-hee.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 03:24:03 am by AugustWest »
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: The Unofficial Non-YouTube Link Thread
« Reply #423 on: September 10, 2013, 03:54:45 am »

giraffeing roll: d20 +2: 11!
You catch a message in a bottle. A letter from someone named Jezamel to someone named Serpenticor. 'Tomorrow I shall kill you in single combat, and in doing so I will kill my own heart, for no dragon's flame burns hotter than my love for you.' (c)ast your line again? (s)top giraffeing?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: The Unofficial Non-YouTube Link Thread
« Reply #424 on: September 10, 2013, 05:26:27 am »

i love the messages in bottles. i don't think i've seen a duplicate yet, and i haven't gotten that one.

by the way, advanced is stupid tough. i usually die before i can level up. i can't even buy armor yet, and i have way too few hp to survive long.

what i've found is i need 22 gold to start with: bludgeon, sack, ten foot pole, giraffeing pole. the -1 on giraffeing with the ten foot pole is too big a killer; it eliminates the odds of a 20 roll, which is where you get the good stuff.

playing advanced is why i've kept my 500k xp macked-out fighter in basic. if i want to dive deep and kill some shit, i have the opportunity.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: The Unofficial Non-YouTube Link Thread
« Reply #425 on: September 11, 2013, 04:04:04 pm »

That mountain is clearly part of some satanic illuminati conspiracy of the 4th dimensional reptiles to summon the new world order of the prison planet because Bush.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=194273
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: The Unofficial Non-YouTube Link Thread
« Reply #426 on: September 11, 2013, 05:30:26 pm »

One of the Obama photos there is actually the NC State Wolf Pack equivalent of the Texas "Hook 'Em Horns" thing, I believe.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: The Unofficial Non-YouTube Link Thread
« Reply #427 on: September 14, 2013, 04:34:13 pm »

Nice article from Slate about a stupid TV show.

I agree, I hope they make more.

That show and Survivorman are about the only reality shows I'll watch. Unless American Ninja Warrior counts as a reality show. 'Cause I'll watch that, too.
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: The Unofficial Non-YouTube Link Thread
« Reply #428 on: September 14, 2013, 08:10:52 pm »

man, what they've done to american ninja warrior is so dumb. SO dumb. why do i give two shits about a lady that falls on the first obstacle? why do i need to see a three minute biography of this lady? and then they come back from break and say "twelve more contestants fell and three finished the course!" FUCK YOU, SHOW ME.

it's an athletic competition featuring athletes on an obstacle course. show me the athletes being athletic, tell me more about the people that clear the course. once. the fuck do i need to see the same paul kasimir featurette every damn time he runs another course. qualifying, finals, stage 1, stage 2, all the same damn bio. just go "hey, this is that guy from the last few years, remember him?" UGH.

but yeah, top shot is good. on the couple episodes i've seen, they don't waste time on fake drama or unnecessary biographic featurettes. it's just hey, these guys can shoot more accurately than you can probably believe. here, watch them do it. and it's pretty damn remarkable.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: The Unofficial Non-YouTube Link Thread
« Reply #429 on: September 14, 2013, 10:00:13 pm »

Yeah, I won't really watch American Ninja Warrior because of that.  All the human interest pieces drained the fun strait out of it.  I don't care about the heart warming story behind the guy who's going to make a flying leap into the cargo net.  I don't give a crap.  I just want to see dudes dressed as Superman or chicken or a mailman or whatever wipeout and fall into the water and have the overexcited announcers cackle.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: The Unofficial Non-YouTube Link Thread
« Reply #430 on: September 15, 2013, 04:35:11 am »

i dvr it and watch an hour in about 20 minutes. i just want the old Sasuke from japan back, to tell the truth. except i don't want them to waste time on joke entrants like the old guy with the octopus that always falls in the first obstacle.

a few years ago, they did a whole reality series built around training for a trip to the actual japanese sasuke trials, which they've always covered as ninja warrior. that one was the worst, even moreso than what they're airing this year.

of course none of them will ever be as fun as MXC. ("betting ends!" "quick! what else we got?")
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: The Unofficial Non-YouTube Link Thread
« Reply #431 on: September 16, 2013, 05:27:58 pm »

I didn't even realize they'd started American Ninja Warrior until recently and I still don't know what channel it's on. But that makes it sound like some stupid Olympic bullshit. All the human interest crap makes the Olympics unwatchable let alone awesome badass obstacles courses that nobody ever finishes.

Do they not do Sasuke anymore at all? I know it hasn't shown up on my Tivo in a while but I also know that G4 is going away (gone?) as a channel.
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: The Unofficial Non-YouTube Link Thread
« Reply #432 on: September 16, 2013, 05:52:37 pm »

american ninja warrior is on both G4 and NBC this year. tonight's the final episode of the season. and yeah, they're treating it like the olympics and it's a damned bummer.

g4 was going away because esquire magazine negotiated a tv channel from comcast. they cancelled all their shows and fired almost everybody. american ninja warrior is actually branded with both g4 and esquire logos. last week, esquire and comcast announced that instead of taking over g4, esquire would instead be taking over the style network... which will require more shows to be cancelled and more people to be fired. it's all an ugly clusterfuck and it just pisses me off.

on the other hand, now we might get some actual geek television back.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: The Unofficial Non-YouTube Link Thread
« Reply #433 on: September 16, 2013, 05:54:40 pm »

Do they not do Sasuke anymore at all? I know it hasn't shown up on my Tivo in a while but I also know that G4 is going away (gone?) as a channel.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G4_%28TV_channel%29#Temporary_proposed_rebrand_as_Esquire_Network
"In December 2012, NBCUniversal signed a brand licensing deal with the Hearst Corporation, owner of Esquire magazine, to relaunch G4 into Esquire Network, which will air shows aimed at a metrosexual audience about travel, cooking, fashion and non-sports related male programming, including the addition of acquired and archive NBCU content such as Party Down, Parks and Recreation, and week-delayed episodes of Late Night with Jimmy Fallon"

"On September 9, 2013, news broke that NBCUniversal will instead replace Style with Esquire Network, leaving G4 "as is for the foreseeable future, though it's highly unlikely the company will invest in more original programming"."

Well that's an interesting development. Must be real fun times to work at G4?
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: The Unofficial Non-YouTube Link Thread
« Reply #434 on: September 16, 2013, 05:56:07 pm »

american ninja warrior is on both G4 and NBC this year. tonight's the final episode of the season. and yeah, they're treating it like the olympics and it's a damned bummer.

g4 was going away because esquire magazine negotiated a tv channel from comcast. they cancelled all their shows and fired almost everybody. american ninja warrior is actually branded with both g4 and esquire logos. last week, esquire and comcast announced that instead of taking over g4, esquire would instead be taking over the style network... which will require more shows to be cancelled and more people to be fired. it's all an ugly clusterfuck and it just pisses me off.

on the other hand, now we might get some actual geek television back.

Except now there's a rumor that G4 will instead become the WWE Network which has been in startup mode for about 2 years now. They even started filming 2 shows for it, one of which they started airing on Bravo or E! instead (Total Divas).
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31   Go Up