Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Once you been to a few weddings, you realize ain’t nobody gives a damn if you readin’ custom vows or the 1987 “Let’s Go!” guide to Bahrain. Just use that stuff about Do/Don’t and Sickness or Health and you gonna get the job done.  -=RAY=-

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Achewood made $250,000 a year  (Read 9037 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood made $250,000 a year
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2011, 03:36:38 am »

I wonder how many butt mp3's that works out to.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood made $250,000 a year
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2011, 03:47:58 am »

This bullshit about how money can't happiness is ridiculous. Show me how happy you are without money and show me how happy you are with money.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood made $250,000 a year
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2011, 03:55:05 am »

I am this many happies.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Achewood made $250,000 a year
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2011, 04:09:48 am »

The question is, though, how much happy you're getting for how much money and how much unhappy you're putting in to get that happy.

I could definitely be a lot happier with two hundred and fifty thou extra a year, in a vacuum, but if I had to do something awful or insanely stressful or wherein I was treated abusively, it would take away from the marginal utility of the happiness bought with said bread.

Onstar was doing something that thousands of people are working terrible day jobs so that they can pay for the webspace to do on the side, of course...
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Achewood made $250,000 a year
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2011, 05:22:34 am »

Is everybody here drunk tonight or something? A-crabby, I know you gotta wave the flag of capitalism and all that, but again I'll be taking your opinion with a salt lick. I've been rich and I've been poor, and the money wasn't the deciding factor as to whether I was happy or not.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood made $250,000 a year
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2011, 05:36:11 am »

mo' money mo' problems for sure.

I really believe that living simply is one of the most important keys to happiness. That said being so poor that you are constantly worrying about paying your bills is one of the most stressful things.

I do really like this episode of This American Life, especially the last segment. Choosing to be happy (unless you are clinically depressed) can be done independent of your tax bracket.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood made $250,000 a year
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2011, 11:45:05 am »

That said being so poor that you are constantly worrying about paying your bills is one of the most stressful things.


Money can't buy happiness but lack of money can buy lots of unhappiness.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood made $250,000 a year
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2011, 04:26:03 pm »

Try what Chris did. Only 250k up front!
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood made $250,000 a year
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2011, 06:01:24 pm »

Kinda seems to go along with what we are discussing here.  File this one under shit my ______ says.  Of course it's utter bullshit.  Wealth and Success are not Love's constant companions.  They have an adversarial relationship at best.

Quote
A woman came out of her house and saw three old men with long white beards sitting in her front yard. She did not recognize them.

Then she said, "I don't think I know you, but you must be hungry. Please come in and have something to eat."

"Is the man of the house home?", they asked. "No," she said. "He's out." "Then we cannot come in," they replied.

In the evening when her husband came home, she told him what had happened. So, he said, "Go tell them I'm home, and invite them in!"

The woman went out and invited the men in. "We do not go into a house together," they replied. "Why is that?" she wanted to know. One of the old men explained. "His name is Wealth," he said pointing to one of his friends, and pointing to another one he said, "This man is Success, and I am Love." Then he added, "Now, go and discuss with your husband which one of us you want in your home."

The woman went in and told her husband what was said. Her husband was over-joyed. "How nice!" he said. "Since that's the case, let us invite in Wealth. Let him come in and fill our home with wealth!"

His wife disagreed. "Why don't we invite Success?" But, their daughter was listening from the corner of the room. She jumped in with her own suggestion. "Wouldn't it be better to invite Love? Our home will then be filled with love!"

The wife agreed. "Then, let us heed our daughter's advice," said the husband to his wife. "Go out and invite Love in to be our guest."

The woman went out and asked the three old men, "Which one of you is Love? Please come in and be our guest." Love got up and started walking toward the house. Then the other two also got up and followed him.

Surprised, the lady asked Wealth and Success, "I only invited in Love, as you directed. Why are you all coming in?"

The old men replied together, "If you had invited only Wealth or Success, the other two of us would have stayed. However, since you invited Love... wherever He goes, we go with him... because wherever there is Love, there is also Wealth and Success!"
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood made $250,000 a year
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2011, 07:05:13 pm »

They should have invited in "Children Keep Their Mouths Shut While The Adults Are Talking".
Logged

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood made $250,000 a year
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2011, 08:16:22 pm »

Don't forget--if the man of the house isn't home, you can't have any of them.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood made $250,000 a year
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2011, 11:28:28 pm »

Yeah, that's what *I* was thinking. WTF?
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood made $250,000 a year
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2011, 11:33:33 pm »

Well, if a lady, alone in a house invites a drifter in for "love" when she's home alone, that's a whole different parable/porno.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Achewood made $250,000 a year
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2011, 11:46:17 pm »

Don't forget--if the man of the house isn't home, you can't have any of them.

especially not with a kid around.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Achewood made $250,000 a year
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2011, 02:48:15 am »

That was all really a lot of fun, so cans all around. Oops, can't do that - oh well, I guess you should have invited in the can fairy.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up