Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wine: Keep a red and a white on hand at all times. When choosing wines on the wine aisle, use this simple rhyme to make your selection: “Closer to the floor, is meant for the poor / closer to the lights, is more like for if Bono comes over.” -=RAY=-

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Achewood made $250,000 a year  (Read 9030 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood made $250,000 a year
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2011, 02:50:19 am »

Y'all are funny.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Achewood made $250,000 a year
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2011, 02:51:49 am »

Y'all are funny.

Thank you. Jesus.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood made $250,000 a year
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2011, 03:21:54 am »

I love you guys.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood made $250,000 a year
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2011, 05:10:30 am »

Money can't buy happiness but lack of money can buy lots of unhappiness.
This. This is what I meant.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Achewood made $250,000 a year
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2011, 08:03:32 am »

This. This is what I meant.

To me that is significantly different. Being broke and homeless isn't fun in any way, and is pretty much endless suffering, to various extents. Once you get enough money to live, it doesn't seem to make much difference after that.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood made $250,000 a year
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2011, 12:46:32 pm »

That's correct. So I think people should be careful before they start throwing aroiund "money can't buy happiness" when they aren't exactly sure who they are saying it in front of, you know?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Achewood made $250,000 a year
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2011, 04:52:24 pm »

That's correct. So I think people should be careful before they start throwing aroiund "money can't buy happiness" when they aren't exactly sure who they are saying it in front of, you know?
Well, to be honest, no. I don't know.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Achewood made $250,000 a year
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2011, 06:35:35 pm »

I don't go down to the bus station and shout it at people, if that's the concern here.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood made $250,000 a year
« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2011, 09:49:35 pm »

I don't go down to the bus station and shout it at people, if that's the concern here.

So... you're saying I should stop doing that, then?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Achewood made $250,000 a year
« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2011, 10:49:37 pm »

So... you're saying I should stop doing that, then?

Well, you're a lawyer, right? Nobody expects any kind of humanity from you.

No joke too cheap.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood made $250,000 a year
« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2011, 07:39:23 pm »

I don't go down to the bus station and shout it at people, if that's the concern here.

no wonder you ain't happy.


when i day dream about winning a million billion dollars and my first thought is that i'll pay a construction crew to erect a giant statue of myself flipping the double birds onto the recently remodeled court square yard then there's a good chance that money will not buy my happiness.

Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Achewood made $250,000 a year
« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2011, 04:55:06 am »

If I were wealthy, and I mean really stinking wealthy with the kind of money that could buy politicians and police forces, I'd hire henchmen to crush my enemies and would live in something that could only be described as a "lair." Basically, I'd be a Bond villain.

Where do you think I could order a whole bunch of matching unitards?

ALSO: This thread was four pages long so I just skipped to arkabee's one post and assumed that I had enough context to reply.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood made $250,000 a year
« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2011, 04:58:52 am »


Where do you think I could order a whole bunch of matching unitards?



American Apparel.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Achewood made $250,000 a year
« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2011, 05:07:31 am »

ALSO: This thread was four pages long so I just skipped to arkabee's one post and assumed that I had enough context to reply.

I think that's good advice for anyone, and would make this all a lot more interesting.

If I was that wealthy, I have been told that Thailand is a good place to be able to spend money and become a crazy warlord with a personal army. I've also heard the weather's a bit unpleasant, though, so maybe not.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up