Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Is eaten food technically rotting inside you? It's pretty warm in there. Technically, we all not only live in, but *are* "the danger zone."

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: GraceNote database  (Read 675 times)

Nabubrush

• Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 447
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
GraceNote database
« on: April 09, 2011, 08:01:14 pm »

Or whatever it's called.

When I import a CD into iTunes, it goes out onto the internet to find the names of the tracks and all that. So I get the second Dead Weather CD from the library yesterday, released at the end of '09, I think. Pop it in, and the internet says "never heard of this". I mean, I entered the tracks and info for my brother-in-law's band, that makes sense to me, but this CD had to have moved some units (aside: does anyone know a good webiste that I don't have to pay to get on that lists sales figures?) - so since I can't believe no one has imported it before, does this mean the famously eccentric Jack White deletes listings for it? I know he's sort of anti-digital in some ways (extra tracks released LP only, etc). Does anyone here know anything more about the GraceNote DB and related issues?
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

CortJstr

• Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 337
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
    • Rarely updated random quotes
Re: GraceNote database
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2011, 07:12:43 pm »

I know in the late 90s GraceNote started charging software companies to access the CDDB so a lot of programs moved to Freeddb instead. That's about it, though.
Pages: [1]   Go Up