Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Once you been to a few weddings, you realize ain’t nobody gives a damn if you readin’ custom vows or the 1987 “Let’s Go!” guide to Bahrain. Just use that stuff about Do/Don’t and Sickness or Health and you gonna get the job done.  -=RAY=-

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Helpful sites  (Read 1696 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Helpful sites
« on: April 12, 2011, 07:23:43 pm »

I posted one of these on FB, but here goes:

For opting out of yellow pages in general.
For opting out of Dex, specifically. Dex is included in the above, but I'm told sometimes they don't go along with it. To opt out, go to the bottom and click on 'select your dex'.

I get like seven phone books a year or some shit. I hate the phone book. I have always hated the phone book, ever since they changed the numbers from, like, QT8-6739.

Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Helpful sites
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2011, 09:00:30 pm »

took me a while to figure out you weren't testing to see how well the phone books perform at stopping bullets.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Helpful sites
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2011, 11:43:22 pm »

took me a while to figure out you weren't testing to see how well the phone books perform at stopping bullets.

That's how they make body armor down at the trailer court.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Helpful sites
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2011, 01:41:39 am »

I used to love the phone book.  Especially the Houston Yellow Pages from back in the day when it had a picture of Houston on it with a lot of little hidden stuff drawn into it.  It was always a thing to get the new Yellow Pages and spend the time to find all of the hidden pictures within the picture.

I used to collect the phone books from cities I visited and sometimes would refer to them.  Especially cities I was doing business in. 

Now the internet has come along and I'm like fuck the phone book.  How totally useless it's become.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Helpful sites
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2011, 03:55:48 am »

This

You see a dude with 48 phone books and a coupla rolls of duct tape and you know it's gladiator dog-trainin' time.

FTFY
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Helpful sites
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2011, 01:51:22 pm »

Here is a useful site:  http://unclaimed.org/
It has links to the unclaimed property sites for all 50 states.  If someone has a check for you but they can't find you, it gets listed there.  You can search at any old address and find out if they're holding something for you.  I found small checks (money owed back from utility overpayments, mostly) for a few friends and family members.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.
Pages: [1]   Go Up