Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood You are on the Night Train. Five Hours have passed. Axl Rose is in the gym car. It's not what you expected.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: so I've been wondering  (Read 2898 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
so I've been wondering
« on: April 14, 2011, 07:43:02 pm »

if I should mention that he posted a new strip on the pay site a few days ago.

On the one hand I thought some of you might be encouraged that reports of the death of Achewood had been exaggerated. On the other hand, I am not sure I can stand another discussion of whether the man should expect people to pay for his work.

Can I ask that we skip the latter this time around? You know who you are.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: so I've been wondering
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2011, 08:13:19 pm »

I predict that this will be a bloodbath. Can we talk about Charlie Sheen's work instead?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: so I've been wondering
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2011, 08:16:33 pm »

How was the strip?

Let me know when the poor tortured soul posts more than one a month and I might consider popping for a month or two.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: so I've been wondering
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2011, 08:23:13 pm »

It had red ink!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: so I've been wondering
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2011, 09:49:52 pm »

If he posts one strip a month for the next 31 months I'll pop for a months worth of Achewood in oh 3 years or so.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: so I've been wondering
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2011, 01:43:05 am »

Thats the thing, Nabu, Charlie Sheen didn't really do much with his career. He did Platoon and Wall Street and then a whole bunch of really really really really terrible movies. The halcyon days of his career were spent doing a stupid sitcom about how he is an alcoholic jerk.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: so I've been wondering
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2011, 01:52:43 am »

Thats the thing, Nabu, Charlie Sheen didn't really do much with his career. He did Platoon and Wall Street and then a whole bunch of really really really really terrible movies. The halcyon days of his career were spent doing a stupid sitcom about how he is an alcoholic jerk.

I believe you forgot the Hot Shots movies. Which are legitimately what I think of first when I hear his name.
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: so I've been wondering
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2011, 02:21:16 am »

a whole bunch of really really really really terrible movies
I believe you forgot the Hot Shots movies. Which are legitimately what I think of first when I hear his name.

Nope. No, he didn't.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: so I've been wondering
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2011, 03:41:56 am »

Thats the thing, Nabu, Charlie Sheen didn't really do much with his career. He did Platoon and Wall Street and then a whole bunch of really really really really terrible movies. The halcyon days of his career were spent doing a stupid sitcom about how he is an alcoholic jerk.

Ah, that was my point. As in, let's talk about how Charlie Sheen went into the toilet this time instead of bitching about Onstad.

That said, you did not just shine Red Dawn, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Young Guns, Eight Men Out, Major League, Men at Work, and Rated X.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: so I've been wondering
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2011, 05:07:03 pm »

Men at Work, and Rated X.

I like to think of these movies as linear sequels.

"Hey, lets quick our jobs as trash guys, go back in time and run porn theaters!"
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: so I've been wondering
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2011, 02:46:32 pm »

I like to think of these movies as linear sequels.

"Hey, lets quick our jobs as trash guys, go back in time and run porn theaters!"

I'm surprised I don't hear more about Rated X. I thought it was really good. I had a co-worker who was in the Bay Area at the same time as the Mitchell Brothers were big down there, and he used to call everyone Bob like they did. I didn't watch the movie until after I lost touch with him, and I've always wondered if he had some connection to them. It wouldn't be completely beyond the range of possibilities; he led a pretty unusual life.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: [1]   Go Up