Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Jumping jacks, flinging myself off of low decks, yelling into an empty bottle of carrot juice. Trying to get in writing mode.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: It's already ringing (Dec. 30)  (Read 5642 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
It's already ringing (Dec. 30)
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2003, 09:57:22 pm »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"

Little details, people.


Or little-people details!
I also wonder what the CDs lying on his floor at the foot of his naked bed are.
But damn that is one of the finest gorillas I have ever seen!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
It's already ringing (Dec. 30)
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2003, 09:57:44 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
I think what I love best about this guest strip is how well it combines the sources involved; we've got the talents of J-Ro (surreality, drawing monkeys and apes) perfectly synched into the themes of Achewood (melancholy, character depth, being punched).



YES.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
It's already ringing (Dec. 30)
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2003, 10:26:35 pm »

Quote from: "jldunston"
It's all about the uni-brow.


I missed that first time round, but I think I have to call my Achewood themed song that. I feel I have to have a subtly 'wood song.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
It's already ringing (Dec. 30)
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2003, 10:38:29 pm »

Quote from: "slink"
I also wonder what the CDs lying on his floor at the foot of his naked bed are.


Motörhead. I mean, come on.
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
It's already ringing (Dec. 30)
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2003, 10:48:27 pm »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"

Motörhead. I mean, come on.


Good point!
There's the slim possibility that due to Teodor's 'shrooms that it could be Hawkwind. But as long as it involves Lemmy!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
It's already ringing (Dec. 30)
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2003, 02:20:42 am »

Oh come now!  At least one of them has got to be Hyddyn Sceptre Live at Budokan.  Perhaps it's the entire 3-CD set.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

V-Adore

  • Guest
It's already ringing (Dec. 30)
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2003, 05:14:02 am »

I totally call Falconer, Domine Dragonlord, Blind Guardian, or one of the other "power metal about dragons" bands.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
It's already ringing (Dec. 30)
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2003, 02:14:32 pm »

TROGDOR!!!

He comes in the night.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
It's already ringing (Dec. 30)
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2003, 02:33:09 pm »

Squished you, peasnanty.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

conure

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 17
    • View Profile
It's already ringing (Dec. 30)
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2004, 05:32:07 am »

Um...Hi! Just joined.
I love wigu, and nearly yacked my bikkies* at J-Ro's guest. I want a copy of Go Go Gorillas!
*In a good way, you understand.
I just can't get over the expression on Lyle's face when he sees the book and drops his bottle. He is vulnerable as never before.
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
It's already ringing (Dec. 30)
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2004, 10:09:57 pm »

Quote from: "conure"
nearly yacked my bikkies


My stars, I'd be appalled, presumably, were I to comprehend this.
Logged
goose means greedy

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
It's already ringing (Dec. 30)
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2004, 12:59:51 am »

Quote from: "andalucia"
Quote from: "conure"
nearly yacked my bikkies


My stars, I'd be appalled, presumably, were I to comprehend this.


I'm going to take a stab at putting this into North American argot and suggest that the author very nearly barfed with delight. It has been known to happen; my younger brother, once upon a time, found retitling the movie we were on the way to see Batman: Mask of the Orgasm amusing enough to eventually decorate the back seat of the family car with his lunch. I stress that this was an involuntary response and not an intentional marker of great delight.

This ought to illustrate that disparate cultures are separated with vast oceans and forbidding mountain ranges for a reason.
Logged

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
It's already ringing (Dec. 30)
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2004, 05:28:36 am »

its like i get to read wigu and achewood at the same time and its funny from both angles. wow.
Logged
[expletive deleted]

conure

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 17
    • View Profile
It's already ringing (Dec. 30)
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2004, 06:36:37 am »

Indeed, St.Z, I nearly barfed with delight; your translation is effortless.
I also spilled beer everywhere after reading said translation.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
It's already ringing (Dec. 30)
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2004, 09:22:47 pm »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"

I'm going to take a stab at putting this into North American argot and suggest that the author very nearly barfed with delight. It has been known to happen; my younger brother, once upon a time, found retitling the movie we were on the way to see Batman: Mask of the Orgasm amusing enough to eventually decorate the back seat of the family car with his lunch.

Perhaps I am a bad person, but I also find that joke funny, although I do not entirely comprehend it (besides the rhyming quality of "phantasm" and "orgasm" and the fact that the word "orgasm" is funny, particularly if you are at the tender age implied here).
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up