Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood "Awww yeah who is CATHOLIC up in this piece?!?!" -- you never hear that any more.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Kate Middleton on a Jellybean  (Read 1773 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Kate Middleton on a Jellybean
« on: April 14, 2011, 09:43:02 pm »

Yep!

Is anyone interested in the royal wedding this weekend?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Kate Middleton on a Jellybean
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2011, 10:33:23 pm »

It's this weekend? No.

I remember what a big deal was made about Charles and Diana and, well, look how that turned out. How can you not be jaded - well, unless you're too young to remember that, I guess.  But seriously. Royal weddings are so last century or even the century before.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Kate Middleton on a Jellybean
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2011, 11:57:24 pm »

Paul, did you not get the email from your uncle or whoever that said they were snubbing Obama for the wedding?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Kate Middleton on a Jellybean
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2011, 12:16:15 am »

Oh, yeah. I think I saw on Slate that one of those princes is getting married. I guess I still think of them as being eleven or twelve years old, hard to believe that he's old enough to get hitched.

So, yeah, you can put me in the "whatever" category, pretty firmly I guess.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Kate Middleton on a Jellybean
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2011, 01:09:27 am »

on one hand, im glad someone found another someone they can be happy with for the rest of the time theyre on the outside of earth.  i hope they stick with it and honor their commitments.  on the other hand, they are strangers to me and i dont give a rats ass about their wedding.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Kate Middleton on a Jellybean
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2011, 01:10:15 am »

Didn't we fight a war so that we didn't have to give a hoot about what these inbred freaks do with themselves?
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Kate Middleton on a Jellybean
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2011, 01:51:52 am »

Didn't we fight a war so that we didn't have to give a hoot about what these inbred freaks do with themselves?

Jay-Ell likes this.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Kate Middleton on a Jellybean
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2011, 07:27:30 pm »

Didn't we fight a war so that we didn't have to give a hoot about what these inbred freaks do with themselves?

I got into (not really) an argument with my grandmother over this, and that was my line. Some people just like the idea of royalty I guess because she wasn't budging.

Which reminds me of a BBC podcast I listened to recently, featuring J. Anthony McAlister, who is "29 years old, a black American born ... in Los Angeles, of Scottish and Canadian descent," and "the president of the Los Angeles Chapter of the International Monarchist League." Huh, a league.

Anyway, pretty interesting, might be worth a listen: http://ex.fm/s/W0bNb
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Kate Middleton on a Jellybean
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2011, 07:59:24 pm »

Apart from having a corgi and having people occasionally shout at me "that's the Queen's dog!  Do you know that's the Queen's dog?" I don't think much about royals in general.  I don't know why people always specifically say "that's the Queen's dog" rather than "that's the breed of dog the Queen has."  With his tendency to eat garbage it seems unlikely our dog once belong to the Queen.  I did once have a woman with an English accent ask me what my corgi's name is, and when I told her it was "Mortimer" she said, in a very approving tone, "well, that's a good, proper English name."

There's been so much coverage of the lead up to the wedding in the Canadian media that it's getting a tad aggravating. This whole Tracy Ullman bit with the "twist from the wrist" part is so over played it's driving me insane (there's a couple of commercials run before the bit, but it's in there, I promise). 

There's still a lot of fondness for British Royalty in Canada - plenty of people took off work when the Queen visited last year to go see her.  I didn't but I did go see Fergi an Andrew when they visited when I was a kid, but that was because my mom was into it.  She even took me out of school to go, which I don't think ever happened under any other circumstance in my life.

I also remember staying up all night the night Dianna was killed watching the news. 

It's an odd relationship being in the Common Wealth.  In the end, I probably will catch up on the deets when they're replayed the next day on Entertainment Tonight or what not, but I don't think I'm getting up at 4am to watch the ceremony. 
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.
Pages: [1]   Go Up