Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wombat is MAD WITH POWER.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I can buy ice cream whenever I flippin feel like it.  (Read 2264 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
I can buy ice cream whenever I flippin feel like it.
« on: April 17, 2011, 01:07:22 am »

What part about being an adult would your 10 year old self be most jealous of?
No bed time? Wheels to go wherever whenever? Ice cream whenever you want? Video games and toys on demand? Buying your own clothes? NO SCHOOL OR TEACHERS?
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: I can buy ice cream whenever I flippin feel like it.
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2011, 01:18:14 am »

I'm going to go with being able to stay up and read in bed till 2am if I want to (and can put off the nagging knowledge that I'll hate myself when I have to get up in the morning).
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: I can buy ice cream whenever I flippin feel like it.
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2011, 01:36:56 am »

No parents getting all up in my business. No mean girls at school.

I guess what those have in common is, I have achieved the goal of not having to spend time with people I don't want to spend time with.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: I can buy ice cream whenever I flippin feel like it.
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2011, 01:51:04 am »

Being the one who makes the household rules. I guess I always had a bit of a problem with authority.

Also, I get to sleep in a bed with another person. From the time I was small, I would take any excuse to sleep in my parents' bed because having someone there while I slept made me feel secure. Having a spouse to spoon is probably the #1 most effortlessly wonderful thing about being married, and sometimes even after 9 years of marriage I still can't believe that I get to do it every single night.

What can I say, I'm a snuggler.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: I can buy ice cream whenever I flippin feel like it.
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2011, 06:01:45 am »

Access to porn (and occasionally actual women)
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: I can buy ice cream whenever I flippin feel like it.
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2011, 03:53:19 pm »

Being able to buy my own clothes, particularly sports jerseys and such.
Snacks at will.  (Though as we all know that's a double-edged sword.)
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: I can buy ice cream whenever I flippin feel like it.
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2011, 06:54:47 pm »

Access to porn (and occasionally actual women)

Couldn't have said it better myself, so I won't try.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: I can buy ice cream whenever I flippin feel like it.
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2011, 03:33:31 am »

what JL said. I have my own place, with my own rules. No one cares if I eat cheeseburgers for two meals in a day, and top it off with a midnight donut run. And I get to sleep with a pretty gal as often as I want. A warm, soft girl in my bed is all I have wanted for as long as I can remember.

I am a big cuddler. Also, sex. YEAH.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: I can buy ice cream whenever I flippin feel like it.
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2011, 10:13:19 pm »

Access to porn (and occasionally actual women)

I was thinking this, but I think 10 was a little early for me. I'm guessing my thing would have been not having to be home at 6 for dinner, maybe. Also, I can buy as many Legos as I want.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: I can buy ice cream whenever I flippin feel like it.
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2011, 11:07:59 pm »

I was thinking this, but I think 10 was a little early for me. I'm guessing my thing would have been not having to be home at 6 for dinner, maybe. Also, I can buy as many Legos as I want.

I distinctly remember looking for Playboys and stuff in our old house and we moved when I was 9 so I think 10 is pretty accurate. I have considered the Lego thing but haven't actually bought any as an adult. I do keep considering grabbing my old ones from my mom's house, though.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: I can buy ice cream whenever I flippin feel like it.
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2011, 08:17:43 pm »

Holy crap, so much not being in school.  Grade school was a place of doom, terror, and boredom for me.  The fact that I work in an actual science laboratory is the ultimate wish fulfillment of my 10-year old self.  The only thing better would be if it involved dinosaurs.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.
Pages: [1]   Go Up