Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood My bicycle is parked in the living room. A tub of tartar sauce sits open on the counter. Truly, the evidence of a wife being away too long.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hey Wombat Mk. 3 (or something)  (Read 1814 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Hey Wombat Mk. 3 (or something)
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2011, 01:20:53 am »

The cover of my book is fantastic. They were very good about revising it until we got done with the horrible ideas for the typeface and they offered a decent one.

Now if only I could get the publisher to make sure the cover art shows up on all the websites where the book is sold. Somehow despite three weeks of email and continued reassurances, this is still fucked up. I guess my book-cover curse is manifesting itself differently this time.

I still can't imagine framing it, though. That still seems bizarre.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Hey Wombat Mk. 3 (or something)
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2011, 01:21:14 am »

Oh, and the cover of the next book is good too. It had damn well better be because I had to pay for the illustrator myself.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Hey Wombat Mk. 3 (or something)
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2011, 01:54:18 am »

I'm glad it all worked out - I had a vision of you at the kitchen table, seeing the final version and crying your eyes out, shaking your fist and cursing an unfeeling god.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Hey Wombat Mk. 3 (or something)
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2011, 12:19:58 pm »

There is some of that going on, because the most horrible interim version of the cover is still up at the publisher's website, despite the aforementioned three weeks of email, and I am still weeping and rending my garments about that.

But probably no one looks at that site, and the actual books are lovely, and the right cover is up at Amazon (because *I* put it there, dammit, why am I surrounded by idiots), so you don't have to be embarrassed to tell all your friends to buy it there, hint hint.

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Hey Wombat Mk. 3 (or something)
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2011, 04:17:20 pm »

Is there a link to Amazon or wherever?  Did I miss a memo?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Hey Wombat Mk. 3 (or something)
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2011, 05:52:57 pm »

Paul, have you blocked me from your Facebook feed? I am insulted.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Hey Wombat Mk. 3 (or something)
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2011, 06:40:05 pm »

Paul, have you blocked me from your Facebook feed? I am insulted.

No, of course not, but it's really easy to miss stuff on Facebook.  I have too many superfluous friends.

I'll go check now... Okay, I can't find anything there either.  You must not have posted it too recently.  I scrolled through about 4 pages of your wall.

Edit:  Okay, I found it.  Or at least I found the pages you created for the books.  I'll look for the links later.  Gotta go!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Hey Wombat Mk. 3 (or something)
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2011, 09:07:32 pm »

Actually, while that was a better joke, I should have directed you to the webpage you designed the banner for. Everything you need to know is there.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Hey Wombat Mk. 3 (or something)
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2011, 12:30:43 am »

That's wombat dot com?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Hey Wombat Mk. 3 (or something)
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2011, 01:47:27 am »

No, and why isn't it? It's my real name dot com.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Hey Wombat Mk. 3 (or something)
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2011, 03:06:34 am »

That didn't work.  I'm gonna try actual name dot com.  :;
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: [1]   Go Up