Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Yay us!
Happy 9th Birthday to TOUAMB.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mayday mayday mayday!  (Read 1713 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Mayday mayday mayday!
« on: May 01, 2011, 12:59:43 pm »

Happy Beltane, everybody! Unfortunately I'm not home to celebrate with the Missus as I'd like, but maybe you can all make up for that.

Edit: I screwed it up, sorry.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 08:05:31 pm by Nabubrush »
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Mayday mayday mayday!
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 03:50:13 am »

I'm in the middle of my bi-monthly study madness and I went out to find that there are no coffee places open today. Seriously, what the hell? There were coffee places open on Anzac day, I even got a coffee Easter Sunday, but freaking Labour day is sacrosanct?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Mayday mayday mayday!
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 04:16:08 am »

on American labor day, these Europeans seemed very upset that I was having to work. They said "sorry that you have to work on your Labor Day."

I will never stop regretting that I didn't say "oh well, it's a damn commie holiday anyway."
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Mayday mayday mayday!
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2011, 10:46:56 am »

why is there a labor day if people take mental health days?
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Mayday mayday mayday!
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2011, 01:12:34 am »

In related news, I basically had no choice but to sign a union card on Friday.  Long, boring story.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Mayday mayday mayday!
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2011, 07:34:53 am »

When will sMell's Long Socialist Nightmare end?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'
Pages: [1]   Go Up