Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What should I be listening to?  (Read 1182 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
What should I be listening to?
« on: May 06, 2011, 12:01:12 am »

Not sure if this exact thing's been covered - next time home I have an opportunity to see some other shows, bands that maybe I've only heard a song or two (or none):

Cage the Elephant & Manchester Orchestra. I've heard Ain't No Rest for the Wicked. This dude has listened to a lot of Jack White and the Racontuers.

Airborne Toxic Event. I've heard Sometime Around Midnight. I'm not terribly excited about this song.

So, based on these two, it seems like it's kind of been done before - am I missing anything here?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 12:04:56 am by Nabubrush »
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: What should I be listening to?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2011, 06:39:15 pm »

That Airborne Toxic Event song is great for some poor schlep who just got dumped by his girlfriend.  For everyone else, it's corny as hell.

Two bands I dig right now:  The Joy Formidable and Wye Oak.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What should I be listening to?
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2011, 11:54:30 pm »

Steve Earle's playing this next time in and I'm entertaining the idea of going.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: [1]   Go Up