Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No, Philippe! Too soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Radiohead and Neil Young  (Read 1308 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Radiohead and Neil Young
« on: December 31, 2003, 06:05:16 pm »

I'm a big Radiohead fan as you all know, but i'm also a big Neil Young fan.  I've just discovered that, apparently, Radiohead are big Neil Young fans as well.  I was reading a Radiohead newspage that said Thom and Jonny performed an accoustic version of On the Beach for BBC Radio last week.  The article went on to say that they have played three NY songs in recent years.  They played Cinnamon Girl several times on their '01 tour and Thom Yorke performed After The Gold Rush at the Bridge School Benefit in '01.  This reminded me that TY played a snippet of After the Gold Rush when I saw them recently.  It was only about 15-20 seconds before they launched into another song.  I would have died if they played On The Beach, that's a great song.

I just recieved in the mail an unauthorized recording of NY from earlier this year.  He plays his latest album in it's entirety.  It's a connected story about a town and a family.  There's a murder, an old man who dies of a heart attack, and a young girl who protest against corruption.  And it's Crazy hoss so it's loud and heavy.  If you love NY you'll most likely love this one.  I do.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Radiohead and Neil Young
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2003, 06:21:54 pm »

Quote from: "pmcd9"


I just recieved in the mail an unauthorized recording of NY from earlier this year.  He plays his latest album in it's entirety.  It's a connected story about a town and a family.  There's a murder, an old man who dies of a heart attack, and a young girl who protest against corruption.  And it's Crazy hoss so it's loud and heavy.  If you love NY you'll most likely love this one.  I do.

~Paul


DirecTV had a freeview concert of him performing this solo on all through November.  It was great.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up