Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I shouldn't have to tell people not to hit me on the head nearly so often as I do.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Rapture  (Read 2723 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
The Rapture
« on: May 21, 2011, 05:25:01 pm »

I live in sort of a liberal section of Portland (oxymoron, I know) so I'm not sure. Did the Rapture happen? Or is it supposed to be later?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: The Rapture
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2011, 05:34:25 pm »

I'm seeing 6pm NZ time, and also 6pm EST (US).
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: The Rapture
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2011, 05:47:18 pm »

Apparently it's supposed to travel in a wave across time zones, so it's supposed to hit at 6pm local time for each area of the world.

As for me, I'm going to a post rapture BBQ party tomorrow with all our secular friends.  Good times.

Also, I wish I'd thought of this business.  I would be more than happy to respectfully take money from fools.  Plus I love animals.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: The Rapture
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2011, 10:41:20 pm »

I made a point of spending it with people who I knew would still be around afterwards.

I like the idea, can't remember where I heard it, that the Rapture already happened a few years ago and no one noticed. Just a very slight spike in missing persons one month, and that was it.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: The Rapture
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2011, 02:34:55 pm »

Snippet of conversation with my dad yesterday.

He - Hey, it's 6:08.

Me - What happened?

He - Absolutely nothing.

You see, the funny thing is I had momentarily forgotten about the rapture and was genuinely confused by the conversation.

I'm going to an artcar parade today.  I doubt many of my friends got raptured so it should be a fun party.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: The Rapture
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2011, 04:00:18 pm »

All day yesterday, I fought the urge to respond to all the "if you're still here, you're a sinner" posts on Facebook with Romans 3:23, "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."

I thought that would be a bit preachy, tho.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: The Rapture
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2011, 05:53:19 pm »

At one point I was in a restaurant with my sweetie and I rose part way out of my chair and sort of shouted "I'm rapturin'! I'm rapturin'!"

We're regulars there, so they were ok with it.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: The Rapture
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2011, 09:11:01 pm »

on a street corner there was a set of clothing arranged on the ground, as if the wearer suddenly disappeared from inside of them.  i thought it was a humorous touch.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: The Rapture
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2011, 10:01:10 pm »

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: The Rapture
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2011, 02:17:55 am »

Regretsy had a contest to create the best one.  Fun!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: The Rapture
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2011, 05:14:04 am »

on a street corner there was a set of clothing arranged on the ground, as if the wearer suddenly disappeared from inside of them.  i thought it was a humorous touch.

I must have rapture blindness.  I quickly passed by one of those today at the parade and it wasn't until just this moment that I realized it was rapture clothes.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: The Rapture
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2011, 10:56:46 am »

I must have rapture blindness.  I quickly passed by one of those today at the parade and it wasn't until just this moment that I realized it was rapture clothes.

you must have been busy eating, drinking, and, or being merry in whatever way you do.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: The Rapture
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2011, 06:53:31 pm »

you must have been busy eating, drinking, and, or being merry in whatever way you do.

Well I was at the Artcar parade so some clothes on the ground is neither all that strange or very interesting.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: The Rapture
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2011, 05:08:41 am »

Wait, you guys didn't get the Rapture over there? It were a blast
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.
Pages: [1]   Go Up