Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Artists need to make money to eat and to continue to make art. Artists used to rely on middlemen to collect their money on their behalf, thereby rendering themselves innocent of cash-handling in the public eye. Artists will now be coming straight to you (yes YOU, you who want their music, their films, their books) for their paychecks. Please welcome them. Please help them. Please do not make them feel badly about asking you directly for money.” -Amanda Palmer

Poll

...Eating too many vegetables?

Yes, you'll clog yourself!
No, they're good for you!
Send them to the starving children in [XXX]!
Not if they're the kind I like!
What the fuck's a vegetable!?!

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Is There Such A Thing As...  (Read 8073 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Asherdan

  • Flavor-Flav's Blinking Tooth
  • Mod Squad
  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 678
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 188
    • View Profile
Is There Such A Thing As...
« on: May 24, 2011, 08:25:34 pm »

« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 10:43:43 pm by Asherdan »
Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Is There Such A Thing As...
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2011, 09:05:22 pm »

The only thing that makes brussel sprouts goddamn brussel sprouts is the work you have to put in to prepare them.  Otherwise, they are my favorite veggie.

Also, yeah, I eat everything that is vegan.  I used to not like things (olives, mushrooms) but as I age I find I really like them.  I still can't handle those mushrooms that are like 2 inches thick, but otherwise I am all good.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Is There Such A Thing As...
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 09:15:00 pm »

if

meat >= vegetables

then

answer = no
Logged

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Is There Such A Thing As...
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2011, 10:03:48 pm »

there are a few vegetables that i specifically like(corn, peas).  there are several vegetables that i do not actively seek out, but am willing to eat(asparagus, spinach to name a few).  other than that, no way.

i dont care for mushrooms.

also, i dont know if beans are included, but i dig the basic types(green, black, navy, pinto, kidney).
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Is There Such A Thing As...
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2011, 10:49:07 pm »

The only things I really don't like that don't have blood and organs and shit are mushrooms. Bad brussels sprouts are cooked wrong. That or they are too old. They get bitter.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Is There Such A Thing As...
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2011, 01:26:27 am »

We have a hell of a lot of lettuce in the garden.  I need to make big-ass salads for lunch.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Is There Such A Thing As...
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2011, 05:06:12 am »

Vegetables are the scum of the food world
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Is There Such A Thing As...
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2011, 09:24:42 am »

Vegetables are the scum of the food world

I guess they aren't the only things that get bitter.

We planted our broc and lettuce this weekend. Well, and the herbs.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Is There Such A Thing As...
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2011, 11:39:33 am »

I like me a nice thick salad sandwich. Sweet tomato, crunchy lettuce, maybe a little onion. Plus cheese.
No carrot though. Never any carrot. Grated carrot is like eating damned hay and I ain't no hoss.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Is There Such A Thing As...
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2011, 01:52:36 pm »

Oh hells no. 

I love me some vegetables.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Is There Such A Thing As...
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2011, 05:53:33 pm »

What is wrong with you people? Mushrooms are hell of rad. They are like tofu in their flavor absorbing property. I will eat a giant ass mushroom on a hamburger bun all done up right and call it dinner. What's for dinner? Fungus. You squares are whack.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Is There Such A Thing As...
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2011, 06:21:36 pm »

so mushrooms are the cover band of the food world?
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Is There Such A Thing As...
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2011, 06:40:45 pm »

Sauteed mushrooms are rad.  Other preps - meh.  I eat anything Vegan too, but my tastes are far more cosmopolitan.  As in, the Venn diagram of things I eat completely encloses Vegan food, but there's a hell of a lot of space left over.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Is There Such A Thing As...
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2011, 08:16:36 pm »

OK, my friend requested I bring "something green" to go with the mahi-mahi he is making. What goes with mahi? Be advised that I hate green beans to hell.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Is There Such A Thing As...
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2011, 08:29:10 pm »

When in doubt, a bag of salad mix. With mahi, maybe baby greens and a sesame ginger dressing? I suppose it depends how he's seasoning it.

You could also try some sugar snap peas; they're great raw or lightly sauteed with garlic and a splash of soy sauce.

Green beans are my fave. I don't like a lot of vegetables but I'm trying. I find it hilarious that most of you hate mushrooms in any form except sauteed...I prefer them raw. Y'all are freaks.

Broccoli, I cannot stand. Gross, horrible in both taste and texture. I can detect it easily even if it's pureed and mixed in with the lasagna or whatever. My mother-in-law could not remember this for the first ten years of our relationship and repeatedly served me vegetable lasagna with copious amounts of broccoli (and no side dish to fill up on). After seeing me go hungry several times, she has finally started to remember, and she gets a "real" lasagna also. (This is not a big deal; she buys pre-made lasagnas and pops them in the oven. Pedro didn't realize lasagna was a thing people made at home until after we got married.)
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up