Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Trains are saying "hello".  All this time, we just snub them.

Poll

...Eating too many vegetables?

Yes, you'll clog yourself!
No, they're good for you!
Send them to the starving children in [XXX]!
Not if they're the kind I like!
What the fuck's a vegetable!?!

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Is There Such A Thing As...  (Read 8063 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Is There Such A Thing As...
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2011, 11:47:51 pm »

OK, my friend requested I bring "something green" to go with the mahi-mahi he is making. What goes with mahi? Be advised that I hate green beans to hell.

Wasabi.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Is There Such A Thing As...
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2011, 01:28:59 am »

I was just working in the garden and am pleased to see my asparagus is coming back up this year again!  I started the plant last year and was sure it died as I had failed to protect it with mulch over the winter and it hadn't even peeked out as late as a few days ago.  Woot!  Also the beans, cucumbers and potatoes are all peaking out, and the sugar snap peas and peppers (which were all bedding plants) are doing good too.  Now all I need is for the carrots to show themselves and I'm set.

Oh and there's a frost warning tonight (at the end of May fer fuck sake), so all the plants have been tucked in under flannel sheets for the night. 
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Is There Such A Thing As...
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2011, 03:09:25 am »

mixed greens with bell pepper and mini corn, sesame ginger dressing. SUCCESS.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Is There Such A Thing As...
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2011, 04:45:04 am »

I've found I love just about any vegetable if roasted or grilled, or sauteed for some of them. Like, I hate steamed broccoli or steamed carrots but love them both roasted. I do like a lot of raw vegetables, especially cabbage. I love me some cabbage. I'll take cabbage just about every way you'll give it to me.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Is There Such A Thing As...
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2011, 04:59:41 am »

Oh man.  I like me some cabbage, but my intestinal flora like it even more.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Is There Such A Thing As...
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2011, 05:34:00 am »

I'll take cabbage just about every way you'll give it to me.

Launched at you from a trebuchet? Because I'd like to do that sometime.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Is There Such A Thing As...
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2011, 05:46:00 am »

Launched at you from a trebuchet? Because I'd like to do that sometime.

sevenkinky
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Is There Such A Thing As...
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2011, 06:32:03 am »

I find it hilarious that most of you hate mushrooms in any form except sauteed...I prefer them raw. Y'all are freaks.

What?  No, I love mushrooms in just about any way you can prepare them.  Although, raw is probably my least favorite way to eat them.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Is There Such A Thing As...
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2011, 07:48:02 am »

What is wrong with you people? Mushrooms are hell of rad. They are like tofu in their flavor absorbing property. I will eat a giant ass mushroom on a hamburger bun all done up right and call it dinner. What's for dinner? Fungus. You squares are whack.

I've got a fellow's back here. Best veggie burger I ever had just had a giant mushroom cap instead of a pattie, freaking awesome.
I believe we've discussed bulking up mince and similar things as well.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Is There Such A Thing As...
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2011, 11:53:17 am »

Yeah mushrooms are fantastic.  I know I waxed poetic about my love of morels on the board a couple months ago.  I love a sandwich/burger of grilled veggies such as red pepper, onion, etc. as a "tower" including shiitakee as the "meat" along with some nice tangy goat cheese.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Is There Such A Thing As...
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2011, 02:06:35 pm »

What?  No, I love mushrooms in just about any way you can prepare them.  Although, raw is probably my least favorite way to eat them.

Yeah, this.  Last night I poached a bunch of whole ones in seasoned vegetable stock.  Yum.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Is There Such A Thing As...
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2011, 03:28:01 pm »

You guys can have 'em.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Is There Such A Thing As...
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2011, 04:04:51 pm »

Why are we discussing fungus?

Good point. Totally different kingdom from vegetables.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Is There Such A Thing As...
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2011, 04:11:18 pm »

We are discussing them because this is the vegetable thread and we are more than three replies in. It could have gone much, much worse.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Is There Such A Thing As...
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2011, 04:27:36 pm »

I'm not objecting, just pointing things out.


You asked a question and I gave you an answer - you can't handle the truth!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up