Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that Wombat has figured out how to edit the News Box!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The funeral will not be televised  (Read 2107 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
The funeral will not be televised
« on: May 28, 2011, 02:32:28 am »

Gil Scott-Heron is dead.

RIP Gilbert

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGaRtqrlGy8
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: The funeral will not be televised
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2011, 02:53:38 am »

That really, really sucks. Well, he lasted a lot longer, considering his lifestyle, than anyone would have guessed.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: The funeral will not be televised
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2011, 03:42:02 am »

There was a good article on him in The New Yorker a couple years ago.  I remember when he was the musical guest on SNL in about '78 or so.  RIP.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: The funeral will not be televised
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2011, 04:03:02 am »

Jeff Conaway didn't make it, either.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: The funeral will not be televised
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2011, 05:47:43 am »

Could have seen him a few years ago but didn't have the cash, lame.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: The funeral will not be televised
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2011, 07:17:04 am »

I was vaguely aware of him until last  year when one of his songs New York is Killing Me appeared on that awesome 8 disc best of 2010 sampler that someone linked to here.  It's a great song.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: The funeral will not be televised
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2011, 08:03:21 am »

I was vaguely aware of him until last  year when one of his songs New York is Killing Me appeared on that awesome 8 disc best of 2010 sampler that someone linked to here.  It's a great song.

Man, whoever linked that . . . . I mean, what a great person that guy was. A real humanitarian. Salt of the Earth. A gentleman and a scholar. I'll stop now.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: The funeral will not be televised
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2011, 02:38:36 pm »

Man, whoever linked that . . . . I mean, what a great person that guy was. A real humanitarian. Salt of the Earth. A gentleman and a scholar. I'll stop now.

I thought it was you Nabu, but you know I can't remember shit.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: [1]   Go Up