Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Established 2003
TOUAMB: Wandering off topic since the early 21st Century

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18   Go Down

Author Topic: Some TV show I didn't just see.  (Read 58633 times)

0 Members and 16 Guests are viewing this topic.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Some TV show I didn't just see.
« Reply #60 on: April 28, 2012, 03:18:56 am »

I am in the same boat as you about Pete Campbell.  Once you get caught up we will need to discuss the episode they aired on Sunday (Season 5, Episode 5).  I can't say much without spoilers, so all I will tell you is that I got everything I wanted, but feel conflicted about it now that I got it.  The writers are damn good.

Yeah, still a creep. And deeply disturbed and unhappy. And a really good character. That's a great episode. And now that I know what you mean but getting everything you wanted, I'm curious as to why exactly you feel conflicted.

Also, because I'm totally in love with Annie Edison but can't stand Trudy Campbell (who reminds me of my most attractive yet most irritating ex-girlfriend), Alison Brie must be a pretty good actor.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Some TV show I didn't just see.
« Reply #61 on: April 28, 2012, 12:08:51 pm »

Yeah, still a creep. And deeply disturbed and unhappy. And a really good character. That's a great episode. And now that I know what you mean but getting everything you wanted, I'm curious as to why exactly you feel conflicted.

It's that he got his comeuppance, kind of over and over again in this episode, and while he's read as snivelly and entitled until now and was in many ways due for a smack-down, the writer's crafted the episode in a way that hints at an identity crisis for him and the potential for him to flilp toward the sympathetic. 
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Some TV show I didn't just see.
« Reply #62 on: April 29, 2012, 06:33:32 am »

Been watching a lot of Bob's Burgers. They're doing the Simpsons thing in reverse: they started out with extreme, unlikable characters, and they seem to be slowly becoming real people.

Or at least, there was one episode (where Bob works a second job so they can afford to throw Tina a birthday party) that really did it for me.

I also watched every episode of Adventure Time. So good!
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Some TV show I didn't just see.
« Reply #63 on: April 29, 2012, 01:53:39 pm »

Been watching a lot of Bob's Burgers. They're doing the Simpsons thing in reverse: they started out with extreme, unlikable characters, and they seem to be slowly becoming real people.


Interesting way to put it.  They do seem to be adding some dimension to the characters.  I hope they keep it around a while instead of giving Seth McFarlane another half-hour to do the same exact thing over again.  I mean, I'm not as anti-Family Guy as LFM, but jeez, why do we need three clones of it?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Some TV show I didn't just see.
« Reply #64 on: April 29, 2012, 03:18:49 pm »

I love Bob's Burgers, and Adventure Time is also great.  I really thought Bob's Burgers would be cancelled after the first season, so I'm really happy they kept it around.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Some TV show I didn't just see.
« Reply #65 on: April 30, 2012, 11:46:18 pm »

I'm annoyed that my cable company kept me from seeing Bob's Burgers/Simpsons/etc last night. They say you can watch TV online, but it has the same 1 week delay that Hulu does. Boo.
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Some TV show I didn't just see.
« Reply #66 on: May 01, 2012, 12:18:27 am »

dang if i missed out on my sunday night stories i'd be mad as heck at comcast. mad men & game of thrones are too good not to watch the night they air
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Some TV show I didn't just see.
« Reply #67 on: May 01, 2012, 01:09:10 am »

Did I already ask if anyone else is watching Once Upon a Time?
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Some TV show I didn't just see.
« Reply #68 on: May 01, 2012, 01:40:31 am »

This season of Mad Men keeps getting better and better.

HBO, AMC et al need to invent a service where I can pay them a lump or monthly fee to watch certain shows live. If I could see Mad Men live, or pay for an immediate download, I would gladly do it. Instead I mooch off of friends with cable.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Some TV show I didn't just see.
« Reply #69 on: May 03, 2012, 12:47:48 am »

This season of Mad Men keeps getting better and better.

HBO, AMC et al need to invent a service where I can pay them a lump or monthly fee to watch certain shows live. If I could see Mad Men live, or pay for an immediate download, I would gladly do it. Instead I mooch off of friends with cable.

I local brewpub shows a lot of the really good cable series for free. But I usually end up spending ~$15 each time anyway so it makes sense just to get cable and a DVR.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Some TV show I didn't just see.
« Reply #70 on: May 28, 2012, 11:39:44 pm »

Holy shit was Mad Men good last night.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Some TV show I didn't just see.
« Reply #71 on: May 29, 2012, 01:33:31 am »

man, it is like all of the media I consume had a meeting and said, "maybe Dan doesn't understand how shitty women have it in this world. We should try to make him overwhelmed by shame-nausea every night of the week."
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Some TV show I didn't just see.
« Reply #72 on: May 29, 2012, 02:34:49 am »

Well, not that there isn't a lot of progress still to be made, but a lot of progress has been made since 1966... right?

What else were you watching?
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Some TV show I didn't just see.
« Reply #73 on: June 04, 2012, 06:11:55 am »

When Lane got in the Jag, I hit pause on the DVR and said betcha five bucks that jag doesn't start but she didn't take me up on it
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Some TV show I didn't just see.
« Reply #74 on: June 04, 2012, 06:25:20 am »

ME TOO!
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18   Go Up