Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
That Word Front, the kind host of TOUAMB.com, offers high quality t-shirts for sale?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Japadog  (Read 4306 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Japadog
« on: June 11, 2011, 10:07:35 pm »

Waahoooo!  It's Japadog. 

Ash, next time you go see the wife, send a review our way, okay?
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Japadog
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2011, 11:22:09 pm »

I was just watching a little news bit on the guy who runs that cart.  He was basically fantastic- so enthusiastic and kitschy. I don't even like hotdogs and he made me want to try one. 
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Japadog
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2011, 03:05:59 am »

I think that is a destination hot dog stand.  It might take a couple of days, but I'm pretty sure I want to eat every hot dog on that menu.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Japadog
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2011, 03:07:01 am »

What Paul said. Just less likely.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Japadog
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2011, 01:35:43 pm »

We have a fun hot dog place not far from my downtown DC office.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Japadog
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2011, 06:19:03 pm »

We have a fun hot dog place not far from my downtown DC office.

Now I got two hotdog stands to visit.  Ha ha.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Japadog
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2011, 06:20:20 pm »

Actually, I'm all talk.  There's a new hotdog stand in Houston that I've heard great things about, but have yet to visit.

I guess gourmet hotdog places are a new trend.  I'm all for it.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Japadog
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2011, 07:45:51 pm »

Then I made a dirty joke.

Of course you did.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Japadog
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2011, 10:22:12 pm »

Thanks for the review.

Japadog reviews are in: "It was interesting. I've never had a hotdog that I could have sworn was a giraffe."

I don't know if that's a good thing or not.

I finally made it to my local gourmet hotdog place.  I had the wild boar dog, which was good.  I'm not sure I'm down with artisan hot dogs though.  Also, the place was crawling with hipsters.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Japadog
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2011, 10:27:04 pm »

if it a place can be described as "gourmet" youre either going to dodge hipsters or upper middle-class moms.  or both.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Japadog
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2011, 10:56:38 pm »

if it a place can be described as "gourmet" youre either going to dodge hipsters or upper middle-class hipster's moms.  or both.

FTFU
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Japadog
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2011, 02:35:22 pm »

I'd love to see a shot of the dogs you taste.  I'm also unsure how to take the idea of a seafood tasting hot dog.  I don't typically like hotdogs, but I'd be open to trying such a  thing.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Japadog
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2011, 02:44:00 pm »

Japadog reviews are in: "It was interesting. I've never had a hotdog that I could have sworn was a giraffe."

Have I mentioned lately how much I love this filter.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Japadog
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2011, 06:31:05 pm »

Cool!  Glad to know you got a life. 

I really don't like weiners in general, so I have my doubts about this, but I am a bit of a Japan-o-file so it still has the sheen of vague coolness about it in general because of this.  I'm all for food that is an experience, so maybe that is the way to take it. I would try a Japadog if I happened to be out West.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Japadog
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2011, 08:01:24 pm »

I am a bit of a Japan-o-file so

When my brothers and I divided my mother's random material goods, there was so much cool old Japanese stuff from when we lived there in the late-60s/early-70s. So many cool memories, and we all got neat things to remember and display. Lots of crazy books, too!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up