Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Yay us!
Happy 9th Birthday to TOUAMB.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: The best place I've never been.  (Read 24361 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: The best place I've never been.
« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2012, 02:27:52 am »

Can he see any from the beach?

Also, he's not too far from a whole bunch of them.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: The best place I've never been.
« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2012, 11:46:09 am »

Also, he's not too far from a whole bunch of them.

Well, ok, you've got a point there.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: The best place I've never been.
« Reply #47 on: April 20, 2012, 12:41:57 pm »

Yeah, I live a stones throw away from a volcano. And I used to work in a location that has 57 active volcanoes.

Mainly it's just that I sort of dread going on vacations because I really don't want to go somewhere else to begin with, because that's all I do, month after month. When I get off work I just want to go home and chill. I guess I feel that the next best thing is to go somewhere else and chill harder.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: The best place I've never been.
« Reply #48 on: April 20, 2012, 01:26:59 pm »

Chill so hard.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: The best place I've never been.
« Reply #49 on: April 20, 2012, 01:55:02 pm »

Yeah, I live a stones throw away from a volcano. And I used to work in a location that has 57 active volcanoes.

Mainly it's just that I sort of dread going on vacations because I really don't want to go somewhere else to begin with, because that's all I do, month after month. When I get off work I just want to go home and chill. I guess I feel that the next best thing is to go somewhere else and chill harder.

My hubby's work is the same, so when it comes to vacations he typically just wants to go somewhere to relax and do nothing.  He's still on board for Tokyo though.  It's going to be a last minute adventure depending on my physical state and his career situation.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: The best place I've never been.
« Reply #50 on: April 20, 2012, 06:47:04 pm »

Also, not too much background but I am an idiot and don't understand Hawaii. I am not going to the big island. I am flying into Honolulu and staying on that, different, island.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: The best place I've never been.
« Reply #51 on: April 20, 2012, 10:00:56 pm »

There are like ten sushi places within a couple of blocks of our hotel.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: The best place I've never been.
« Reply #52 on: September 02, 2012, 08:19:17 pm »

Hey Wombat,  we really are going to Tokyo as well!  Hubby is confirming if he can get the time off on Tuesday and then I will book everything. 

We're planning for 10 nights and staying in the area of Shubuya station from the 20th - 30th.  I decided not to do Kyoto this time around.  I think that would be a great trip either when we have a family or are retired, where as I want to take advantage of walking all day and exploring little corners at random, which we can't do so much when we have kids or are too old for my creaky joints to take it.  There's just so much to see in Tokyo! 

Do our times overlap?  PM me if so.  If not, please don't hesitate to post some info on the "must see's" after your trip.  I. Can't. Wait.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: The best place I've never been.
« Reply #53 on: September 03, 2012, 08:04:55 am »

I am waiting on line at customs right now. First tip, bring food and water, line is two hours long.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: The best place I've never been.
« Reply #54 on: September 03, 2012, 05:47:46 pm »

Wow, I've never had to wait that long. 15 minutes, tops. Although I always fly in/out of Narita, so YMMV.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: The best place I've never been.
« Reply #55 on: September 04, 2012, 12:15:02 am »

This was Narita. My friend swears it is not always like that, but the same thing happened last time I was here.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: The best place I've never been.
« Reply #56 on: September 04, 2012, 05:31:06 am »

This is why I want to go to Japan.

Also Alaska, France, Austria, Wyoming, British Columbia, Vancouver and Patagonia.

Yes I am that guy who posts nothing but skiing videos on facebook. I'm sorry.
Logged

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: The best place I've never been.
« Reply #57 on: September 04, 2012, 04:55:39 pm »

Wow, that looks really fun.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: The best place I've never been.
« Reply #58 on: September 04, 2012, 07:43:19 pm »

It turned out to be over $1000 cheaper to book a week later instead, which was fine with us, so I did the booking this morning and we're headed out at the end of the month.  I'm so excited I'm vibrating. 



Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: The best place I've never been.
« Reply #59 on: September 04, 2012, 08:04:02 pm »

Anybody know anything about Cleveland?  'Cause I'm going for four days at the end of the month.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up