Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No, Philippe! Too soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RIP Anal Cunt Frontman Seth Putnam  (Read 2865 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
RIP Anal Cunt Frontman Seth Putnam
« on: June 14, 2011, 04:21:43 am »

Sorry, but that's all I've got. I just wanted to use this as a topic title.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: RIP Anal Cunt Frontman Seth Putnam
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 09:55:51 pm »

He owes 14:59 back on his fifteen minutes of fame.

You know you've earned a winner of an obituary when goatse is linked in it.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: RIP Anal Cunt Frontman Seth Putnam
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 03:46:12 am »

I spent about an hour watching his videos trying to figure out if he was just a joke or were people actually taking him seriously.  This led inevitably to GG Allin.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: RIP Anal Cunt Frontman Seth Putnam
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 03:51:26 pm »

I spent about an hour watching his videos trying to figure out if he was just a joke or were people actually taking him seriously.  This led inevitably to GG Allin.

Yeah, pretty much fuck both those guys. They were both about as edgy as Axl Rose.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: RIP Anal Cunt Frontman Seth Putnam
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2011, 04:57:32 pm »

Yeah, pretty much fuck both those guys. They were both about as edgy as Axl Rose.

I hate to be put in the position of defending GG Allin, but I think he was genuinely dangerous.  There was a real threat of violence at his shows, or at least getting poo flung on you.  Beyond that, he sang actual songs.  They weren't very good, but they contained actual words and melodies or a sort. 

But that Seth Putman dude, no.  Growling into a microphone and flopping around on stage is interesting for about 15 seconds.  My original question remains though.  Was he being serious?  Did he have fans that actually enjoyed his "music?"
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: RIP Anal Cunt Frontman Seth Putnam
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2011, 06:24:41 pm »

I hate to be put in the position of defending GG Allin, but I think he was genuinely dangerous.

So is a mad dog, and we don't delight in listening to its barking, we just put it down. Yes, throwing shit on people is dangerous. Yes, rolling in broken glass and fire is dangerous. Yes, shoving a microphone up your ass is dangerous. It's just not very interesting to me.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: RIP Anal Cunt Frontman Seth Putnam
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2011, 07:46:02 pm »

I'm interested in GG Allin in the same way I was interested in Michael Jackson or any other train wreck celebrity.  I obviously don't enjoy GG Allin's music or admire the lifestyle he lived.  And I wouldn't want to know him or be anywhere near him or his fans, but I do find him interesting and thanks to the miracle of video tape I can study him from afar.

But you are confusing the issue.  I was responding earlier to your statement that GG Allin is "about as edgy as Axl Rose" which I don't agree with at all. 

I'm interested in Seth Putman too, but only so far as I would like to know if he has actual fans who enjoyed his music and was he himself serious about what he was doing?  I guess that's something to be so terrible that I would need to ask that question.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: RIP Anal Cunt Frontman Seth Putnam
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2011, 02:53:17 pm »

I don't think I am confusing the issue. I was being facile, certainly. I actually don't think he's edgy, in the way that David Bowie was edgy or the Stones were edgy. I'm trying to think of someone more recent who I actually think was edgy when they came out. Playing with shit is just stupid. I guess it's edgy like shooting up heroin in a bus station bathroom with people you just met is - if you think that's edgy. To me it's just unwise and unhealthy. This of course leaves aside the point that musically, they're both just really garbage. And I do think, for me anyway, the Axl Rose comparison is apt, because it was oh so exciting back in the day - "he's singing (ok, caterwauling) about being a junkie!" - but he ended up just being an asshole who'd walk off stage over the slightest perceived insult, and blow off show after show.

I guess to me edgy has to match dangerous to artistic.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: RIP Anal Cunt Frontman Seth Putnam
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2011, 05:45:56 pm »

It's a very fine line between clever and stupid.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: RIP Anal Cunt Frontman Seth Putnam
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2011, 06:18:35 pm »

is Steve Albini edgy?

I hate him so damn much. Oh lordy do I hate me some Steve Albini.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: RIP Anal Cunt Frontman Seth Putnam
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2011, 01:34:11 am »

is Steve Albini edgy?

No, he's just an asshole.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: RIP Anal Cunt Frontman Seth Putnam
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2011, 01:40:15 am »

Also, thread title should have been: RIP Anal CUNT Frontman Seth Putnam. Sorry.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: RIP Anal Cunt Frontman Seth Putnam
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2011, 09:36:37 pm »

I guess if you had any respect for the sanctity of these hallowed halls, you would have called them AxCx.

Nah, I'm just busting your balls.


Now get your fuck*ng shinebox.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: RIP Anal Cunt Frontman Seth Putnam
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2011, 10:33:28 pm »

Okay, I've got new information.  Apparently people do take Anal Cunt seriously.  So I was telling my friend Jill about this discussion.  She informed me that she was fortunate enough to see Anal Cunt earlier this year.  They opened for Fucktard.  She was dragged to the show by her boyfriend at the time, this skeevy assed dude she went out with for a little while.  Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you an actual Anal Cunt fan.  He also "worships GG Allin" she said.

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: RIP Anal Cunt Frontman Seth Putnam
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2011, 03:55:05 am »

That guy looks like he's into one of those shitty non-Pogues Irish punk bands Nabu mentioned in the other thread.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner
Pages: [1]   Go Up