That is pretty close. The biggest issue is that she didn't give me any measurements, just "about this much onion." Maybe next time I make it I can take pictures.
I would say for 6 roma tomatoes she uses 1/4 of a red onion. It is important to get really firm tomatoes. But maybe I'm already mixing everything up, portion-wise. It may have been 4 tomatoes?
Grind in a ton of salt and pepper, and plenty of cilantro. She says using the stems of the cilantro is important. I dice them up really small.
She uses pickled jalapenos, and I basically just added more and more until I could smell that it was spicy. Both times it came out WAYYY too spicy.
I think I also use too much balsamic, but hers is pretty juicy too. It gets better after sitting in the fridge for a while.
Yeah, next time I make this I will take pictures.
Her tortillas are this recipe:
2 cups flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup canola/vegetable oil
2/3 cup warm water
... and now is the part where I realize that I took a picture of the recipe written out, without noticing that it says "mix ingredients in the method described on page 15." Well shit.
Then:
divide into 12-15 equal-sized pieces, roll into balls, cover with plastic wrap and let rest 30 minutes before baking.
She uses a tortilla press, but I plan on just flattening them out and frying them in a pan I guess.
I guess what I am saying is: I will call my mom and straighten these things out.
The first time I made the salsa it looked like this:

The tomatoes and onions are chopped way too big. Also maybe it needs a bit more onion.