Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Today's sad thing: A reeking tweaker couple looking in the gas station freezer for "that pizza that was good in the microwave last time."

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Big Man Dies  (Read 2143 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
The Big Man Dies
« on: June 19, 2011, 07:43:39 am »

Article.

Aww, buggers.  Sorry Wombat.  I know you were our biggest Springsteen fan.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: The Big Man Dies
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2011, 11:51:09 am »

Crap. Just, crap.

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: The Big Man Dies
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2011, 03:47:52 am »

That sucks.

He was no Seth Putnam, though.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: The Big Man Dies
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2011, 04:55:06 am »

That sucks.

He was no Seth Putnam, though.

Indeed not.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: The Big Man Dies
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2011, 01:46:08 pm »

Can I just say that he picked a really inconsiderate time to die? If you have been following my moaning in the other thread about how watching Oingo Boingo videos and looking at current photos of Danny Elfman makes me feel my mortality - one thing I didn't mention there I think, is that Bruce Springsteen is actually a few years older, and he looks not at all decrepit in my opinion. I don't long for the younger Bruce at all, and in fact I always look at him and think, hey, I guess I have a number of good years ahead of me, you know?

So, I know Clemons was a lot older, but still. For me, it was not a good time for him to drop dead.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: The Big Man Dies
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2011, 02:45:15 pm »

For me, it was not a good time for him to drop dead.

yeah, what a jerk.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: The Big Man Dies
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2011, 04:09:07 pm »

I'm still counting on them curing death before I reach that plateau.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: The Big Man Dies
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2011, 04:38:11 pm »

Clarence Clemons and I shared a birthday. That's always the first thing that comes to mind when I hear his name.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: The Big Man Dies
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2011, 04:46:20 pm »

I'm still counting on them curing death before I reach that plateau.

I was totally counting on the baby boomers to take care of this before I got there.  But it's getting closer and closer and I see no sign of progress. They aren't even making much progress in taking care of old people, which they had better do if they're going to continue letting people get old. I have a friend whose mother is showing signs of dementia, they need to put her in some kind of assisted living and she doesn't have enough money, so she's going to seminars which are basically "how to make sure your parents seem poor enough to qualify for assistance." This is not civilized. Get ON it, people!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: The Big Man Dies
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2011, 05:17:59 pm »

I'm still counting on them curing death before I reach that plateau.

Fuck it. I'm going in the freezer when it comes to that.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: [1]   Go Up