Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that there is no way to put a picture of a pug in the News Box?

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Blogs in general  (Read 1801 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Blogs in general
« on: June 20, 2011, 03:53:06 am »

So, I thought I'd start a topic for folks who write blogs. I know my first post didn't come off like gangbusters, but I have another one in the pipeline, and I think I'll find my voice eventually. I was sort of reluctant to do too much original stuff - more like I present, you decide.

Anyway, it's Intonarumoron. A friend of mine also writes for it (he started it) and he likes a lot of pretty out there stuff, so some folks here might like his contributions. Perhaps moreso than mine.

I thought about linking to a couple of other blogs I know people here write, but I didn't want to overstep (although JL's is obviously here already). Anyway, if anyone is interested this could be a clearinghouse thread in case anyone wanted to find anyone else's blog.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Blogs in general
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2011, 05:02:55 am »

Flickr is my blog.  The subject is usually whatever is going on in my life. I don't always have a story to accompany the photo, a picture is worth a 1000 words or so we've been told, but sometimes I go deep.  This post is the latest photo where I actually talked about something.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Blogs in general
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2011, 05:50:11 am »

My personal journal/blog/whatever has been http://www.opendiary.com/littlefallsmets for over nine years now.

It is in no way supposed to be a professional representation of my writing, though, it's just where I bounce ideas and so forth.

Sometimes its interesting, though.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Blogs in general
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2011, 04:39:39 pm »

Sadly, I have all but stopped posting on my blog.  I still do the occasional Friday link dump, but that's about it.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Blogs in general
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2011, 05:19:01 pm »

Sadly, I have all but stopped posting on my blog.  I still do the occasional Friday link dump, but that's about it.

That still counts. You could put that here (unless you already ruthlessly cull from your link dump to give us the cream of the crop).
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Blogs in general
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2011, 09:17:02 pm »

That still counts. You could put that here (unless you already ruthlessly cull from your link dump to give us the cream of the crop).

Actually, he probably gets a lot of his material from here.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Blogs in general
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2011, 01:14:46 am »

I do get some of them from here.  Others from Facebook, others from other blogs.  Anywheres and everywheres, really.

The blog is at www.bigfool.com/foolblog, by the way.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: [1]   Go Up