Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Today's Kim Jong-il Fact™: North Korean state media reports that Kim routinely shoots three or four holes-in-one per round. (Wikipedia)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Facebook is the new email  (Read 19056 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Facebook is the new email
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2011, 07:42:35 pm »

How about "Being Alive?"
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Facebook is the new email
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2011, 07:59:34 pm »

But without pages like "Music" there'd be no excuse for the pages that make a joke out of those pages.  There is one for "Being Alive," although I think "Breathing" is funnier.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Facebook is the new email
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2011, 08:25:25 pm »

The thing is, there are mindful breathing workshops offered through yoga studios, so someone could actually be a fan of... breathing. 
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Facebook is the new email
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2011, 02:09:49 am »

Once I saw that someone had liked "Music." Is that necessary? Do you also like Food, and Oxygen?

I think this is mainly a holdover from when FB changed from letting you type whatever you wanted in your Info page to making you "like" anything you put on there. I had originally put "webcomics in general is what I'm getting at here."
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Facebook is the new email
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2011, 10:48:02 pm »

I'm really going to have to give Facebook a break.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Facebook is the new email
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2011, 11:26:28 pm »

Yeah, I've gotta get off Facebook before I start really pissing off my friends.

My new thing is to point out the so called "comedy" in allegedly funny status updates. 

For instance...

Here is the status update:

"My favorite quote this week " The best way to a mans heart, is through his rib cage"..."

My response "Ha ha, it's funny because you want to murder men."

Oh boy, I really got get away from Facebook.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Facebook is the new email
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2011, 11:44:03 pm »

I... but... Do you even understand what this is actually saying my anti war friend?  I mean that is assuming it's an authentic quote.


I gotta get off Facebook.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Facebook is the new email
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2011, 11:44:59 pm »

So if you unsubscribe from someone are you still their friend?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Facebook is the new email
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2011, 11:47:20 pm »

Arrrrrrrgh!!!!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Facebook is the new email
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2011, 11:48:43 pm »

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Facebook is the new email
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2011, 12:06:34 am »

so, lincoln is saying that he would rather have his can rocked by poor guys, as opposed to bankers?
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Facebook is the new email
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2011, 12:20:05 am »

So if you unsubscribe from someone are you still their friend?

Yeah, and they can't tell you're not seeing their updates.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Facebook is the new email
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2011, 01:06:44 am »

Yeah, and they can't tell you're not seeing their updates.

That is such a comfort to me right now.  I'm about to be an unsubscribing motherfucker.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Facebook is the new email
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2011, 01:15:40 am »

I'm really going to have to give Facebook a break.


Actually, if I take off my glasses, I absolutely see Marilyn Monroe. It's kind of shocking.

I'm incredibly nearsighted, though. I don't need a heavily altered internet photo to tell me that.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Facebook is the new email
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2011, 02:32:24 am »

With my glasses on- on my iphone I can see Marilyn Monroe and Albert Einstein mashed together in a picture.  On my computer I see Einstein.

With my glasses off- on my iphone I can see Marilyn Monroe clearly.  On my computer it is a mash up that is heavy on the Einstein.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up