Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Sometimes I don't know what the fuck y'all are talking about and I'm cool with that.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Facebook is the new email  (Read 19090 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Facebook is the new email
« Reply #75 on: October 20, 2011, 04:44:53 pm »

I think he is trying to make the point that the class war is irrelevant, and our real enemy is government.

That would be consistent with his other libertarian-leaning views, at least. But I can't be sure.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Facebook is the new email
« Reply #76 on: October 20, 2011, 05:15:26 pm »

ugh that's the whole problem - government itself intrinsically isn't the enemy, our broken, corporate-tied government and its re-elected officials and its campaigns process are the enemy. the right claims that the government is broken, but they're breaking it. by pointing out how it's broken they gain the trust of others who agree, and then they keep breaking it to prove themselves right.


why the fuck does the presidential election cycle start so soon after the inauguration?


and i'm not sure whether it's the refusal to acknowledge this, or the willingness to embrace it, that is the real problem with the libertarian party. it's the latter for the republican party, in general, of course.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Facebook is the new email
« Reply #77 on: November 08, 2011, 02:35:06 am »

I have no links to any of you on Facebook... today Facebook suggests the person I may know is Jay-Ell.

Shenanigans!  I smell them!
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Facebook is the new email
« Reply #78 on: November 08, 2011, 03:00:18 am »

I have no links to any of you on Facebook... today Facebook suggests the person I may know is Jay-Ell.

Shenanigans!  I smell them!

It's suggested you to me a couple of times.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Facebook is the new email
« Reply #79 on: November 08, 2011, 03:13:38 am »

Why doesn't Smick want to be our Facebook friend!!!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Facebook is the new email
« Reply #80 on: November 08, 2011, 03:27:48 am »

Why doesn't Smick want to be our Facebook friend!!!

No offense, but I think you guys in more of a ... "Google+" kind of way.
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Facebook is the new email
« Reply #81 on: November 08, 2011, 04:39:55 am »

it's because we aren't also smick
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Facebook is the new email
« Reply #82 on: November 08, 2011, 04:43:57 am »

No offense, but I think you guys in more of a ... "Google+" kind of way.

A good contingent of us are there, too.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Facebook is the new email
« Reply #83 on: November 08, 2011, 05:07:20 am »

yeah, lately Facebook has been suggesting former professors of mine. We have zero mutual friends.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Facebook is the new email
« Reply #84 on: November 08, 2011, 05:14:51 am »

But you have you ever emailed them or been copied on the same email and at some point had facebook take a look-see at your email contacts? Or maybe you're on their email contacts.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Facebook is the new email
« Reply #85 on: November 08, 2011, 05:28:21 am »

Or associated with the same schools and departments.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Facebook is the new email
« Reply #86 on: November 08, 2011, 05:42:40 am »

I don't believe I ever let facebook take a look-see at my contacts. But that would make sense.

It even found one of my weird British professors from a summer class I took.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Facebook is the new email
« Reply #87 on: November 08, 2011, 02:39:19 pm »

I have never let Facebook look at my email contacts, but there have been times when someone I have emailed a few times has done so and I have then gotten that person as a friend suggestion.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Facebook is the new email
« Reply #88 on: November 08, 2011, 04:41:02 pm »

I have never let Facebook look at my email contacts, but there have been times when someone I have emailed a few times has done so and I have then gotten that person as a friend suggestion.

FB is of the opinion that you shouldn't have to worry about the cops unless you have done something wrong.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Facebook is the new email
« Reply #89 on: November 08, 2011, 06:37:57 pm »

I have never let Facebook look at my email contacts, but there have been times when someone I have emailed a few times has done so and I have then gotten that person as a friend suggestion.
Pretty much means that they're the narc, right?
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up