Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

It sounds to me like you haven't read the Sex Rulebook! The first rule of Sex is that everybody can always get it on. Man, go for it! Awesome! Awesome! -=RAY=-

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: Facebook is the new email  (Read 19006 times)

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Facebook is the new email
« Reply #90 on: November 08, 2011, 07:33:57 pm »

facebook is the new chickenpox mary.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Facebook is the new email
« Reply #91 on: November 09, 2011, 02:00:38 am »

Is that why Facebook mailed me a Chicken Pox Lollypop?

(Also: I don't ever really use Google+, and if you come across me on the Facebook, friend away.   I'm just ... internet shy.)
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Facebook is the new email
« Reply #92 on: November 09, 2011, 02:51:44 am »

did one of you guys friend me today? I can't tell who this person is, but you guys are my mutual friends.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Facebook is the new email
« Reply #93 on: November 09, 2011, 02:55:26 am »

Smick, I don't know if I would recognize you on Facebook unless you are wearing your hat.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Facebook is the new email
« Reply #94 on: November 09, 2011, 04:38:54 am »

Oddly, there's a Shawn McBride on Facebook, which uses the same picture I use here.   

I don't friend people with that though, unless their name is Shawn McBride.

I've decided the plural of Shawn McBride is Shawns McBride.  Like Postmasters General.
Logged

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Facebook is the new email
« Reply #95 on: November 09, 2011, 04:55:19 am »

shawny-mack
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Facebook is the new email
« Reply #96 on: November 10, 2011, 08:23:39 pm »

My coastie nephew favorited a picture of a friend of his (also a coastie). His friend is sporting the classic porn-star moustache. Here's what follows:

Travis Lyon and 14 others like this.

   
Quote from: some dude's FB page
Ryan Scott Nice brostache
    5 hours ago
    Cory Gunter What A Stache!!!
    5 hours ago
    Jim Schultz NICE
    5 hours ago
    Cullen Doyle sex.
    4 hours ago · 1

    Kirk LaBorde Love the mustache bud lol
    4 hours ago
    June Crompton It's a good thing I have a strong heart, never know what is coming next... Love Gram
    2 hours ago

    Matt Cecala sailor stache
    2 hours ago
    Brett Michael Balash Fierce chief stache.
    about an hour ago
    Conrad Weeden i bet bm2 is jealos of your BMness in this picture
    7 minutes ago

That's the first time I've ever seen that sort of thing in reality. Every time I see something like that I figure it's hoaxed up.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Facebook is the new email
« Reply #97 on: November 10, 2011, 09:22:30 pm »

I don't know if I can tell what you are pointing out in that thread.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Facebook is the new email
« Reply #98 on: November 10, 2011, 10:23:25 pm »

I just like gramma kind of not understanding, but being cool with that.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Facebook is the new email
« Reply #99 on: November 16, 2011, 05:49:26 pm »

I keep getting Facebook ads that say, "Be an addict's cure," advertising an online school that offers substance abuse case worker certificates. They all feature a dating-site-style picture of various punk-looking young ladies with facial piercings, pink hair, and attractive smiles.

If they are trying to effectively portray the plight of an addict to draw the attention of those who genuinely want to help those in need, they're doing it wrong.

If they want to remind people that suicidegirls.com still exists, they're doing it exactly right.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Facebook is the new email
« Reply #100 on: November 16, 2011, 05:57:13 pm »

I've never seen those ads, but when a new person contacts me and wants to join the mentor team, if they have piercings and/or tatoos, this is often a good sign that the youth they're working with will think they are cool and maybe be less likely to put up the defensive walls.  Perhaps they're trying to recruit people with street cred to their program?  Because that is a thing.  That is a thing that I do. 
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Facebook is the new email
« Reply #101 on: May 06, 2013, 09:08:57 pm »

Facebook pet peeve: the inability to hide posts in groups.

In my high school class reunion group, one of my classmates got some sort of leg infection, which is unfortunate, but she keeps posting disgusting pictures of it. Can't hide them.

In another group, a recent post starts with "Bare with me" [sic], which drives me fuck*ng apeshit every time I look at it. (No, the poster was not asking us to remove our clothes.)
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Facebook is the new email
« Reply #102 on: May 06, 2013, 09:49:09 pm »

Is there a way to hide just Shares? I know a couple people who constantly share stupid images that I could not care less about.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up