Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Is eaten food technically rotting inside you? It's pretty warm in there. Technically, we all not only live in, but *are* "the danger zone."

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cellphone Effenheimer  (Read 6628 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Cellphone Effenheimer
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2011, 06:55:00 pm »

I once told Sister McSweeney, my third grade teacher, that the boys were being mean to me and using swear words.  She wanted to know what words, but I said I was too embarassed to say which ones.  She said I could whisper them to her.  There was no one else in the classroom at the time, but for some reason, whispering felt reasonable.  So I have a memory of whispering "fuck" into a nun's ear.  Which is awesome. 

Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Cellphone Effenheimer
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2011, 07:49:32 pm »

So it's common for us, in our household, to jokingly quote that "Fffffuuuuuuuuuu" rage comic guy.

The other night while at dinner in a Thai restaurant, I informed my son that summer vacation was pretty much over.   To this he responded, "Fffffffuuuuuuuuuuck".  Then he sat there and blinked a couple times, just as surprised as the rest of us that he had left the follow through on it.

Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Cellphone Effenheimer
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2011, 09:16:18 pm »

I was cursing in front of my mom at like 7 years old.  Different things people worry about, I guess.  The only time it was an issue is when I took one of those little fortune teller things kids play with (where you pick a number and they move it then pick a color or whatever- it is like 4 triangles that for one big triangle?) and wrote a bunch of curse words on it and then played with that with girls.  They told on my, and the principal took it away.  Then I had to have my mom sign it, but I waited until we were at my fake grandmas house to have her sign it.  She was pretty pissed, I think mainly cause she volunteered at my school a lot and because I showed her at my "grandmas", both things that embarrassed her.  I don't actually curse that much anymore, and never would if I could control it.  It kind of just makes you sound stupid.

In Oklahoma, at least with the people I knew, it was pretty common to use gay and retard to describe things that you didn't like.  In Colorado I am not really around people like that.  My boss says retarded all the time and it really bugs me, actually.  I say actually, because, IDK, I don't really picture myself as a dude who gets offended, but maybe I do.  I definitely notice it.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Cellphone Effenheimer
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2011, 10:16:59 pm »

Oh, we weren't like... offended, or hurt... I just think we (including him) were surprised that he said it.

Besides, he's in High School.   That's totally the time to work out your "Dirtiest Dudes In Town" ya-yas.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Cellphone Effenheimer
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2011, 12:26:21 am »

My mom is horribly offended by foul language. I, on the other hand, use "motherfucker," "fuck*ng hell," and just plain "fuck" so frequently that a couple of weeks ago, when Pedro and I were having a heated discussion*, my six-year-old came down the stairs yelling at both of us, "Mama! Papa! NO FUCKS!"

He has figured out that those are angry words, and he Does Not Like. I guess you gotta respect that, especially coming from a kid who has a hard time attaching any kind of meaning at all to most spoken words.

I felt pretty bad about my potty mouth after that. Hasn't slowed me down much, I suppose, but I'm more careful to leave the room where my kids are before I let fly now.

*We were not arguing with each other, incidentally. We were discussing an problem with his school registration, and we were both very upset with the school system. If you follow me on Facebook, you may remember this. I was livid.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Cellphone Effenheimer
« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2011, 02:22:03 am »

My boss says retarded all the time and it really bugs me, actually.

Do you call your boss out on this?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Cellphone Effenheimer
« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2011, 02:33:38 am »

my six-year-old came down the stairs yelling at both of us, "Mama! Papa! NO FUCKS!"

He has figured out that those are angry words, and he Does Not Like. I guess you gotta respect that, especially coming from a kid who has a hard time attaching any kind of meaning at all to most spoken words.


Are you sure he wasn't concerned about getting another baby sister?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Cellphone Effenheimer
« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2011, 06:41:14 am »

I never used to swear much as a kid, at least not around people, to the point that I remember swearing in front of some of my female friends when I was about 15 and they were surprised because they thought I was a sweet young man.

I've overcome this disability but now I have to go the other way and consciously filter a lot more when I'm changing situation, my friends and I swear like sailors but I was helping out with a science week thing for some middle school kids at the place I'm staying, doing a presentation at the school sort of thing, and on the way home my buddy commented I should watch the language at schools, turns out I dropped a couple of s-bombs without noticing. Not the worst thing in the world but not appropriate to the context I was there under.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Cellphone Effenheimer
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2011, 05:53:00 pm »

I have to work hard to swear.  I probably sound like a high school vice principal trying to be cool.  I think the only time I do it naturally is when I hurt myself.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Cellphone Effenheimer
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2011, 07:40:50 pm »

Do you call your boss out on this?

I did not.  I fucked her over way more though, so that was cool.  She kinda fucked up my life by telling me I would make basically twice as much as I made.  Which is pretty huge when it is like $600-700 (pretty livable) vs. $300-400 (not happening with my addictions-plus the job required $60 in gas every pay period) every two weeks.  I... I quit in the absolute worst way possible and was a huge prick to her, it was sick.  She said thanks for being responsible as a way of trying to guilt me to finishing the day, I told her your welcome in the nicest way possible and left while she was still yelling at me.  I was trying to fuck up just one of her days as much as she fucked up my quality of life. 

On the other hand, I only did this cause one of my roommates and easily the best friend I have ever had moved yesterday and I needed to hang with him.  He moved to go to school, so I am just hoping we both get successful and then figure out a way to move to the same place.  It is probably the biggest motivating factor I have ever had, and really, really sad.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up