Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

TOUAMB: Debating the decline and fall of Chris Onstad since 2003.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: U.S. Loses AAA Credit Rating  (Read 2580 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
U.S. Loses AAA Credit Rating
« on: August 06, 2011, 01:32:54 pm »

OH SHIIIIIT

I've worked in the financial services industry for the last 4 years, so I pay more attention to this stuff than I would otherwise. Mostly because it tends to make my job shittier. In fact, I'm going into work in a minute and have to work tomorrow (though even with a recent promotion I'm still paid hourly, so I won't complain. Also, I still enjoy my new job). Anyway, I know at least two members of the board might have a lot to say on this.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: U.S. Loses AAA Credit Rating
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2011, 08:59:51 pm »

no more free roadside assistance, america.  lo siento.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: U.S. Loses AAA Credit Rating
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2011, 09:04:38 pm »

Welcome to Tea Party America. 
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: U.S. Loses AAA Credit Rating
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011, 12:30:21 am »

Obama: "No matter what some agency may say, we've always been and always will be a triple-A country."

Gee, thanks mom.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: U.S. Loses AAA Credit Rating
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2011, 02:38:49 am »

Obama: "No matter what some agency may say, we've always been and always will be a triple-A country."

Gee, thanks mom.

Well, he's right, isn't he?

United StAtes of AmericA
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: U.S. Loses AAA Credit Rating
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2011, 10:07:13 pm »

America is going to want to ignore all those credit card offers that are about to start showing up in the mailbox.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: U.S. Loses AAA Credit Rating
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2011, 07:40:40 pm »

Welcome to California!

Let's see how the short-memory motherfucks like a 9% home loan...

Wait...really?
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: U.S. Loses AAA Credit Rating
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2011, 08:55:57 pm »

SO glad we bought our house when we did. We're paying less per month for our $185K mortgage than we did on our $125K mortgage in 2001, thanks to a considerably lower interest rate.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: U.S. Loses AAA Credit Rating
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2011, 05:42:17 pm »

Back in the day in AK, it was well over 10% I seem to recall.

Interestingly (to me), my mom's estate has of course cratered just lately.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: [1]   Go Up