Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RT@achewood New Roast Beef band name: THE DATA-TONES

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Somewhat sheepishly returning to the ol' pigskin...  (Read 29028 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Somewhat sheepishly returning to the ol' pigskin...
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2011, 12:34:07 pm »

Alaska or Pacific time?

It'll be Pacific time because I'll be back in Oregon by then. I could push it off to my first weekend home (3rd/4th) since the season doesn't start until the 8th.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Somewhat sheepishly returning to the ol' pigskin...
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2011, 01:11:02 am »

Fuck it, drafting begins in 20 minutes.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Somewhat sheepishly returning to the ol' pigskin...
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2011, 02:33:49 am »

Yahoo has decided that Miles has had the best draft.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Somewhat sheepishly returning to the ol' pigskin...
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2011, 02:55:40 am »

All I know is I had to go the auto-draft route and I got a better team than I have ever had when picking my own players.

Sheepish, indeed...

I enjoyed many of your picks, but it would have been fun to have you there.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Somewhat sheepishly returning to the ol' pigskin...
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2011, 02:59:39 am »

Yahoo has decided that Miles has had the best draft.

Nice! Fantasy sports redemption at last? Only time will tell...

I enjoyed many of your picks, but it would have been fun to have you there.

Yeah, it was a lot more fun than I expected. Would have been fun to have a few more of you to bullshit with.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Somewhat sheepishly returning to the ol' pigskin...
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2011, 03:27:15 am »

I'm sorry, really. But it was single-dad dinner time.

That's important shit. A can for getting your goddamn priorities straight.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Somewhat sheepishly returning to the ol' pigskin...
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2011, 12:45:36 pm »

Sorry, I fucked this one up. I had it on my calendar, but managed to completely forget about it.

As punishment, apparently, I drafted Tony Romo. I will trade him for a dozen donuts. I am SERIOUS. I cannot root for that fuck*ng guy under any circumstances, so if you want/need a QB make me an offer.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Somewhat sheepishly returning to the ol' pigskin...
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2011, 03:33:30 pm »

I feel the same way about one of my QB's so go check my trade offer.

I'm just guessing here, but:

Kyle Orton, come on down!

Edit: I completely forgot you had Cutler, too! Fun! Also, I remember when you auto-drafted Vrabel - I thought to myself, that won't last.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Somewhat sheepishly returning to the ol' pigskin...
« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2011, 03:39:00 pm »

Also, Tomlinson undrafted.




Man.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Somewhat sheepishly returning to the ol' pigskin...
« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2011, 12:06:06 am »

Would you take David Garrard for him?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Somewhat sheepishly returning to the ol' pigskin...
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2011, 01:24:57 am »

Motherfuck I wanted Finley. Should have had him higher on my list. He's looking good.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Somewhat sheepishly returning to the ol' pigskin...
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2011, 02:52:07 am »

Let's see how Garrard's workout in SF goes.

Yes let's.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Somewhat sheepishly returning to the ol' pigskin...
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2011, 05:36:26 am »

Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Somewhat sheepishly returning to the ol' pigskin...
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2011, 10:46:36 am »

Aw crap, football has already started?

Apparently I was not Ready For Some Football.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Somewhat sheepishly returning to the ol' pigskin...
« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2011, 02:52:02 am »

OH SNAP! I left him off because of the ankle injury and now the sumbitch is going off? That Zack guy better go off up in pilot-town or I'm gonna play the dummy-harp.

Well, he looked really good early on but didn't put up amazing numbers or anything. But he did do much better than Zach Miller. Which isn't his fault, because at least Finley had a quarterback. Christ, it'll be a miracle if Seattle wins 4 games this year.

Ochocinco has been a tremendous disappointment. What a surprise. He was only able to collect 14 of the 500+ yards Pretty Boy Tom put up tonight.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Up