Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Barely passed Oregon driver's test. Lots of rules about Yielding to the Distraught and slow-moving salmon trucks on one-way switchbacks.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Somewhat sheepishly returning to the ol' pigskin...  (Read 29026 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Somewhat sheepishly returning to the ol' pigskin...
« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2011, 05:22:53 am »

The Texans soundly beat Indy.  Albeit without Manning, but still my Texans fans friends are crowing loudly on Facebook.  Are they actually better this year than the team that soundly beat Indy on opening day last season?

Also, on a different subject entirely, I misspelled albeit up there in that sentence above.  I spelled it albiet.  The spell checker thought I might have wanted to spell albie t.  Albeit was the third choice.  I thought that was interesting.  In my mind the computer was thinking "that dummy couldn't possibly know what albeit means.  He must have been talking about his friend Albie T. Ha ha.  Sorry, I'm tired.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Somewhat sheepishly returning to the ol' pigskin...
« Reply #46 on: September 19, 2011, 12:02:53 am »

Mother, but also fucker. I have to stop watching this sport.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Somewhat sheepishly returning to the ol' pigskin...
« Reply #47 on: September 19, 2011, 04:23:36 am »

So nobody has an opinion on the Texans?  They beat Miami today.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Somewhat sheepishly returning to the ol' pigskin...
« Reply #48 on: September 19, 2011, 04:51:01 am »

I don't, but just because I don't know enough about them. What I do know, though, is that the Seahawks sucked again today, while Hasselbeck actually did pretty well.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Somewhat sheepishly returning to the ol' pigskin...
« Reply #49 on: September 19, 2011, 03:50:49 pm »

Man I've got to start considering some other options for players.  These guys are asleep at the switch.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Somewhat sheepishly returning to the ol' pigskin...
« Reply #50 on: September 19, 2011, 07:19:37 pm »

So nobody has an opinion on the Texans?  They beat Miami today.

Texans are whipping ass. Your Super Bowl teams this year? Houston Texans Vs. Detroit Lions. I can't fuck*ng wait.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Somewhat sheepishly returning to the ol' pigskin...
« Reply #51 on: September 20, 2011, 02:09:40 am »

Texans are whipping ass. Your Super Bowl teams this year? Houston Texans Vs. Detroit Lions. I can't fuck*ng wait.

Oh holy fuck*ng Christ no.  Texans fans are insufferable enough already.  Give 'em about 40 years of futility at least.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Somewhat sheepishly returning to the ol' pigskin...
« Reply #52 on: September 20, 2011, 03:18:09 am »

Oh, so I actually have to manage my team.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Somewhat sheepishly returning to the ol' pigskin...
« Reply #53 on: September 20, 2011, 12:47:37 pm »

Oh, so I actually have to manage my team.

Well, you don't have to.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Somewhat sheepishly returning to the ol' pigskin...
« Reply #54 on: September 26, 2011, 01:22:10 am »

Concussion, broken hand. I don't believe in karma, but damn. Vick better make room for like every dog in need of rescue from every shelter in Philly. In the meantime, I should probably find another QB.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Somewhat sheepishly returning to the ol' pigskin...
« Reply #55 on: October 04, 2011, 02:53:28 am »

Are you ready for some... Godwin?
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Somewhat sheepishly returning to the ol' pigskin...
« Reply #56 on: October 04, 2011, 07:41:17 pm »

I was recording the first part of the game and skipped right over the non-opening extravaganza when I played it (I try to time the point I begin playing the recording to coincide with the end of the game live, given commercial skipping). 
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Somewhat sheepishly returning to the ol' pigskin...
« Reply #58 on: October 18, 2011, 04:24:59 am »

Also, unsurprisingly, Kansas City is into cornholing in the locker room.

I'm sorry, that was unprofessional and beneath me.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Up