Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Fnord.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Somewhat sheepishly returning to the ol' pigskin...  (Read 29117 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Somewhat sheepishly returning to the ol' pigskin...
« Reply #90 on: December 05, 2011, 08:17:35 pm »

Sports writer offers himself up as a holocaust at the altar of Tim Tebow.  He credits the 2-parent nuclear family upbringing Tebow enjoyed as a reason why Denver's emerging star is doing better at the NFL's most difficult position, in comparison to Michael Vick and Vince Young.  I hope this guy is wearing asbestos long-john's, because this is incendiary writing...
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Somewhat sheepishly returning to the ol' pigskin...
« Reply #91 on: December 05, 2011, 10:41:18 pm »

Quote from: Aaron Rodgers
I feel like my stance and my desire has always been to follow a quote from St. Francis of Assisi, who said, 'Preach the gospel at all times. If necessary, use words.' So basically, I'm not an over-the-top, or an in-your-face kind of guy with my faith. I would rather people have questions about why I act the way I act, whether they view it as positive or not, and ask questions, and then given an opportunity at some point, then you can talk about your faith a little bit. I firmly believe, just personally, what works for me, and what I enjoy doing is letting my actions speak about the kind of character that I want to have, and following that quote from St. Francis.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Somewhat sheepishly returning to the ol' pigskin...
« Reply #92 on: December 05, 2011, 11:18:26 pm »

When I pay attention to the NFL, I'm a Bills fan but...

Everytime I hear something about Aaron Rodgers, he just sounds more and more like the coolest cat in that sport.
 
Like he soaked up all the negative shit Favre threw out and learned by negative example on how to be a sports celebrity without being much of a dick about it.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Somewhat sheepishly returning to the ol' pigskin...
« Reply #93 on: December 06, 2011, 12:15:22 am »

I hate that the powers that be thought Houston would rather see the Cowboys play than Green Bay.  Fuck that noise.  We did get to catch the last 4 min. since the Cowboy game ended early.  Wow, exciting.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Somewhat sheepishly returning to the ol' pigskin...
« Reply #94 on: December 06, 2011, 01:08:57 am »

Maybe there are different routes to being a decent human being. Maybe Rodger's way and Tebow's way are both OK?

Maybe. Maybe, but no. Fuck that guy.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Somewhat sheepishly returning to the ol' pigskin...
« Reply #95 on: December 06, 2011, 02:26:20 am »

Nabu has the correct reaction.

If Jesus really is magic, I imagine Him hovering over Tebow's shoulder telling him to give it a rest.

"Let it go... you're making me look bad, dum-dum."

(I... really like the idea of Jesus as having Great Gazoo elements.)
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Somewhat sheepishly returning to the ol' pigskin...
« Reply #96 on: December 06, 2011, 02:33:21 am »

I hate that the powers that be thought Houston would rather see the Cowboys play than Green Bay.  Fuck that noise.  We did get to catch the last 4 min. since the Cowboy game ended early.  Wow, exciting.

I don't know, to me this is exactly how it should be. I get regional coverage. Get the Sunday Ticket if you want to watch other games.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Somewhat sheepishly returning to the ol' pigskin...
« Reply #97 on: December 06, 2011, 02:46:07 am »

Fuck regional coverage.  If they're not showing the Texans then show the best game.  But of course they are always gonna show the Cowboys because this town is lousy with fuck*ng Cowboys fans.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Somewhat sheepishly returning to the ol' pigskin...
« Reply #98 on: December 06, 2011, 02:47:24 am »

Yeah, that's why it makes so much sense.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Somewhat sheepishly returning to the ol' pigskin...
« Reply #99 on: December 06, 2011, 02:54:22 am »

Yeah, that's why it makes so much sense.

It wouldn't be a problem if there weren't so many Cowboys fans here. 
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Somewhat sheepishly returning to the ol' pigskin...
« Reply #100 on: December 06, 2011, 02:57:11 am »

Sorry, I still feel some vestigial hatred for the Cowboys from my days as an Oilers fan.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Somewhat sheepishly returning to the ol' pigskin...
« Reply #101 on: December 06, 2011, 02:57:20 am »

Good point. I don't know why I'm arguing with you because I get pissed off whenever I have to watch the Cowboys too.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Somewhat sheepishly returning to the ol' pigskin...
« Reply #102 on: December 06, 2011, 03:57:57 am »

Love Sunday ticket. No offense - so sick of watching the 'Hawks.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Somewhat sheepishly returning to the ol' pigskin...
« Reply #103 on: December 06, 2011, 04:19:47 am »

Exactly.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Somewhat sheepishly returning to the ol' pigskin...
« Reply #104 on: December 06, 2011, 04:20:04 am »

Love Sunday ticket. No offense - so sick of watching the 'Hawks.

I feel 'ya.  At least the Texans are playing well this year.  Although I could stand to not watch with my annoying superfan roommate.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11   Go Up