Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I am in a bed with an Asleepness Hat on.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Down

Author Topic: Somewhat sheepishly returning to the ol' pigskin...  (Read 29008 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Somewhat sheepishly returning to the ol' pigskin...
« Reply #150 on: March 21, 2012, 09:54:43 pm »

I'm glad the league has done this and I hope it does send a message.  I don't know what else the league can do in the absence of evidence.
You can keep looking and not just hope the stink blows away with the next news cycle.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Somewhat sheepishly returning to the ol' pigskin...
« Reply #151 on: March 21, 2012, 10:24:57 pm »

You can keep looking and not just hope the stink blows away with the next news cycle.

I really don't know where you're coming from with this.  Is there some measure that should be taken that is being purposefully overlooked?  Admittedly I am not following this story very closely.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Somewhat sheepishly returning to the ol' pigskin...
« Reply #152 on: March 22, 2012, 02:58:00 am »

This has been one of the most enjoyable off-seasons I can remember, other than us losing V-Jax. Well, and overpaying to get Clipboard Jesus back.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Somewhat sheepishly returning to the ol' pigskin...
« Reply #153 on: March 22, 2012, 03:02:12 am »

So the Broncos dumped Tebow, huh?  God will not be pleased.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Somewhat sheepishly returning to the ol' pigskin...
« Reply #154 on: March 22, 2012, 03:06:19 am »

So the Broncos dumped Tebow, huh?  God will not be pleased.

Yeah, if I were given the job of finding the best head coach for Tim Tebow . . .
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Somewhat sheepishly returning to the ol' pigskin...
« Reply #155 on: March 22, 2012, 01:07:33 pm »

Yeah, if I were given the job of finding the best head coach for Tim Tebow . . .

Hey, Rex Ryan is just as interested in soles as Tim Tebow.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Somewhat sheepishly returning to the ol' pigskin...
« Reply #156 on: March 22, 2012, 02:08:22 pm »

What better place for an evangelizing QB who believes non-Christians are going to hell, than New York?  Also:  not really a good QB. Man, the Jets are stupid.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Somewhat sheepishly returning to the ol' pigskin...
« Reply #157 on: March 22, 2012, 02:51:41 pm »

Hey, Rex Ryan is just as interested in soles as Tim Tebow.

This is a good a place as any to ask why I can't give people 1000 cans. I've been around long enough. Do you think I can't be trusted with the responsibility?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Somewhat sheepishly returning to the ol' pigskin...
« Reply #158 on: March 22, 2012, 03:43:41 pm »

This is a good a place as any to ask why I can't give people 1000 cans. I've been around long enough. Do you think I can't be trusted with the responsibility?

Nobody can be trusted with that responsibility.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Somewhat sheepishly returning to the ol' pigskin...
« Reply #159 on: March 22, 2012, 04:48:27 pm »

Now? It's like we decided to rewards the dog for soiling the carpet.

I rewarded you with a single can, as god's own dick intended it.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Somewhat sheepishly returning to the ol' pigskin...
« Reply #160 on: March 22, 2012, 05:10:35 pm »

is there like, a prize catalog wherein we can trade our cans for such as a sony walkman or a skateboard?
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Somewhat sheepishly returning to the ol' pigskin...
« Reply #161 on: March 22, 2012, 05:43:20 pm »

Man I was confused for a bit there. I thought you got shut out for season tickets on NFL.com or some shit.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Somewhat sheepishly returning to the ol' pigskin...
« Reply #162 on: March 23, 2012, 02:05:58 am »

What a world we have here. Used to be a pun would get you threatened with banishment and can deduction.

Now? It's like we decided to rewards the dog for soiling the carpet.


WOOF.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Up