Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Do you love saying "Canadian bacon"?

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dubstep  (Read 4191 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Dubstep
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2011, 08:38:17 pm »

totally.  everyone i know/of that likes dubstep is a major video game nerd.  they all llisten to video game themes and music and chiptunes.

hell yes, socially and physically awkward people are allowed to sit in front of a TV or computer screen and listen to electronic-y/dance music for fun.  i just find is strange.

Well, I suppose once my husband learns about Dubstep, that will be a thing for him then. 

Dubstep is not for me though. 
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Dubstep
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2011, 02:52:33 am »

I really liked dubstep...until I went to, and just came back from Burning Man this week.

It was a week long unrelenting dubstep song.  24 hours a day, the only escape was sleep.

Wob wob wob wob wooooobwooooobwooooob wobwobwobwobwob wooooooobwoooooooooobwooooooooooob...in to infinity.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Dubstep
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2011, 03:41:34 am »

Yeah, Burning Man sounds like one of those things where...

There's some really fuck*ng cool stuff mixed in with tons upon tons of people who THINK they're really cool being lame as fuck.

Like you gotta be selective as hell to not have the awesome overwhelmed by the poseuring and the shilling.

Similar to any larger comic-con, I guess.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Dubstep
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2011, 04:11:17 am »

Actually the mix was a lot of really fuck*ng cool, with a little crap here and there.   Then the last night it just became a huge orgiastic party.

Like...fireworks have been effectively ruined for me.   Even the super huge Disney style productions.   Friday I watched fireworks go off constantly, saturating 20 degrees of my vision mixed with liquid fuel explosions where I FELT the heat, and felt like I got punched in the chest.  Then saturday the "Man" was in the middle of a bunch of constant fireworks and green and red liquid fuel explosions.

I mean watch it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIxJY9dHycw and then think about any municipal fireworks show.   

Man, July 4th is going to be bullshit.

BUT... EVERYTHING was dubstep.  I've only watched the clip muted, but I'm pretty sure there's some wobbing in there.

"Yes yes yes.  Wobwobwob.  You said that before!"
Logged

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Dubstep
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2011, 05:16:24 am »

Smick, that was frikkin' awesome.  Wow!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Dubstep
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2011, 08:37:04 am »

I found another great video of the color and lights of the playa.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Dubstep
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2011, 04:18:49 pm »

Yea, it's a VERY pretty place.   There seems to be a big art car/burning man overlap.   I can't imagine you don't know people that go.   There are some pretty amazing art cars out there.  (They make a differentiation though that they're mutant vehicles vs. art cars, since art cars are pretty much street legal... I guess.    They have some kind of secret sauce where they look at the car and go "Yea!  It's a mutant vehicle, welcome!" or "No... it's just a car you've decorated... go away!".   

At the risk of this becoming a "Burning Man Video" thread... here's a timelapse of the burn night.    When they light the big fire, all the mutant vehicles circle around it.  That's the big pool of light in the lower right corner.  Normally that's just mostly vacant desert. 

http://vimeo.com/28801666

It's a terribly beautiful place.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Dubstep
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2011, 10:12:02 pm »

Fantastic vid.  Yes, I know a bunch of burners. 
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Dubstep
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2011, 11:58:53 pm »

I'm sold. On the last night anyway. Do you have to attend the entire week?
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Dubstep
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2011, 12:11:49 am »

I think tickets are only available for the entire event, not sure.  I guess you could just go for the final night, but it's not a cheap ticket.  And it's not easy to get either.  After growing larger every year they finally capped ticket sales at 50 thousand.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Dubstep
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2011, 12:19:27 am »

I just don't want to take that many days off to roast in the desert for a week. I try to escape the heat on vacation during the summer.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Dubstep
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2011, 01:05:15 am »

A lot of people just come for the last two days.  I was able to kind of feel the difference.   There was a lot more litter too.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up