Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I once had the idea that, if only for a moment each night, everyone in the world was asleep at the same time. It made the world manageable.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Define Artcar  (Read 3165 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Define Artcar
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2011, 08:29:04 pm »

Cool.  That should be "an automobile" though.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Define Artcar
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2011, 03:21:44 am »

I linked to one of the Little Red Wagons - I think it's in Anchorage?

Also, what about George Barris' work? I would call those artcars, if anything is. (Warning, second link makes noise.)
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Define Artcar
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2011, 06:28:16 am »

I linked to one of the Little Red Wagons - I think it's in Anchorage?

Oh, that's right, I forgot about the Alaskan Little Red Wagon.  I saw a video of that once.  They look like they are having a blast with that thing.  I'd love to get in touch with them and ask them down to Houston. 

Also, what about George Barris' work? I would call those artcars, if anything is. (Warning, second link makes noise.)

Without question.  George Barris has made some spectacular artcars.  There was a Batmobile replica in this years parade in fact.  And I've seen several Flinstone's cars.  Barris was one of the judges of the Houston artcar parade a couple of years ago.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Define Artcar
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2011, 06:43:47 pm »

Did you see the Vox car he built - it's in the gallery on that site. I wonder if it's still out there somewhere. So fuck*ng cool.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Define Artcar
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2011, 07:52:41 pm »

Did you see the Vox car he built - it's in the gallery on that site. I wonder if it's still out there somewhere. So fuck*ng cool.

Oh yeah, that car fuck*ng rocks!  Yeah, it's still out there and it's been restored.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Define Artcar
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2011, 11:23:00 pm »

So sweet! Thanks for the link!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up