Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Fnord.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 22   Go Down

Author Topic: Election '12  (Read 50836 times)

0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Election '12
« on: August 31, 2011, 11:07:02 pm »

I like election '12 because most political discourse is on about the level of a 12 year old.

Anyway, these are the people that have a great deal of control over our lives.  And let's face it, political theater can be very compelling.  Given our current political climate that's seems especially true.  So as we brace ourselves for the coming onslaught of negativity and hatred this Presidential election cycle will bring I offer you, my friends, this thread as an oasis in a desert of negativity.  It is only here where we few, who value civility of discourse above all else, are able to discuss the issues of the day without resorting to negativity.

Ladies and Gentlemen of TOUAMB, I give you the Election thread for 2012.  Thank You!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Election '12
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 11:36:49 pm »

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I can't face it.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Election '12
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 11:53:51 pm »

But you must!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Election '12
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2011, 12:37:19 am »

yeah mickey penis!
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Election '12
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2011, 12:55:08 am »

Obama has utterly disappointed me but, on the other hand, the entire Republican field is either religious psychotics or discredited used car salesmen so...

Obama '12 - "I guess we can."
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Election '12
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2011, 01:27:30 am »

You just go and compromise the fuck out of them, Philippe.

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Election '12
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2011, 02:31:08 am »

The Tea Partiers are awful cocksuckers.

Obama sold out his mandate (at that is very uncomfortable for me to say).

I give up.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Election '12
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2011, 02:32:59 am »

I knew we could get along here.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Election '12
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2011, 12:47:13 pm »

Oligarchy, bitches!
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Election '12
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2011, 12:18:15 am »

Admiral Stockdale?

"Gridlock!"
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Election '12
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2011, 12:59:41 am »

I'm leaning towards Ron Paul again.  Help me.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Election '12
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2011, 04:44:22 am »

What was the goal again?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Election '12
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2011, 05:24:09 am »

Admiral Stockdale, what is the goal?

"Gridlock!"
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Election '12
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2011, 06:06:50 am »

Obama sold out his mandate (at that is very uncomfortable for me to say).

I give up.

Has he done anything besides slobber on Boehner's dick? And no, that watered down health care bill don't count. It's taken me a decade or so but I've finally realized that not only voting is pissing in the wind, unless you are Daddy Warbucks, you really can't make a difference on the national level. Don't matter how hard you work for whatever, it don't mean shit unless you've got money. So get arrested and sentenced, DeChristopher, they gonna keep fracking. Fuck, I don't know what I'm talking about.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Election '12
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2011, 08:20:49 am »

Obama drives me fuck*ng mad sometimes.

Is he really just this much of a fuck*ng coward?

Is he really just this much of a fuck*ng milquetoast fuck*ng moderate? Which would be about the funny-saddest thing in politics ever, when the fuck*ng Teabaggers paint the guy as Josef fuck*ng Stalin ideologically when in any sane political context, if anything he's fuck*ng slightly right of centre in his actual functional policies?

Or is he just overthinking the shit out of his place in history, thinking that because he's the first minority (whatever that will mean in the long stretch of history) president, he's gotta be a centrist compromiser, to set a historical precedent or something, nevermind what this country needs or what he was elected to do?

And the worst part of it is... he's be the least bad option of all the people in the 2012 election and I'll end up holding my fuck*ng nose and voting for him.

Jesus. Can we get a fuck*ng parlimentary system, please? Yesterday, maybe?
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 22   Go Up