Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wombat is MAD WITH POWER.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 22   Go Down

Author Topic: Election '12  (Read 51084 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Election '12
« Reply #60 on: October 04, 2011, 01:26:03 pm »

Even Fox News thinks Hank Jr. is an idiot.  Of course the rest of us already knew that.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Election '12
« Reply #61 on: October 11, 2011, 08:35:29 am »

Yep.

Rationalize it however the hell you want, but you're only kidding yourself. 

You're not engaged in some noble enterprise and you make things more expensive for everybody.
 


I apologize for making things more expensive. I don't try to.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Election '12
« Reply #62 on: October 11, 2011, 01:56:01 pm »


I apologize for making things more expensive. I don't try to.

It's ok because you're so rad.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Election '12
« Reply #63 on: October 11, 2011, 03:26:33 pm »

Local elections here today. Hoping the bastard chairman of the school board gets tossed out on his ass. News at 11.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Election '12
« Reply #64 on: October 12, 2011, 01:36:05 am »

Fuck that guy.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Election '12
« Reply #65 on: October 12, 2011, 02:20:56 am »

Hooray! He's out by a slim margin of 600 votes! Bracing for the inevitable recount in 4...3...2...1...
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Election '12
« Reply #66 on: October 13, 2011, 05:52:55 am »

Can I mention again how wonderful it is to be involved in electing people who aren't assholes (for a change)?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Election '12
« Reply #67 on: January 11, 2012, 01:40:43 am »

Hey, we have an election thread!

I'm really pleased that Huntsman is making such a strong showing in NH, relatively anyway. I like the guy. Mostly because he made it easier to drink beer in Utah. Standing up for drinkers in Utah takes some balls, and the new governor has already started to roll some things back. Thanks a lot, Obama.

I have no idea if I'd vote for him in a general election, but good for him.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Election '12
« Reply #68 on: January 11, 2012, 02:56:44 am »

So I keep hearing about how this is the Republicans election to win because Obama's approval rating is super low, is this really the case? Without knowing much of his domestic policy it seems that he hasn't started a bunch of wars, I guess he brought in the universal healthcare thing? And the economy isn't doing so great, but then no one is at the moment, right (NB: Aus totally is, well not terrible anyway).
But mainly I look at the republican line up and they all just seem like crazy assholes. Except Romney, I kind of like Romney but I get the feeling he's gone a bit McCain and has basically had to betray his own principles to get the support of the party and I don't think that works out in the long run.
Anyway, what's the inside scoop?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Election '12
« Reply #69 on: January 11, 2012, 03:14:50 am »

Anyway, what's the inside scoop?

Everybody's fucked, just like every other time.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Election '12
« Reply #70 on: January 11, 2012, 03:30:01 am »

Anyway, what's the inside scoop?

Fuck if I know.

But I'll comment anyway. Thing is, no one is popular right now. And I think a lot of it will come down to what the unemployment rate is leading up to the election. And the only one who strikes me as a crazy asshole is Gingrich. Maybe Perry. Santorum may be a shit stain but mostly he's just strongly committed to a set of values I don't agree with but that don't make him crazy.

What Nabu said.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 03:38:10 am by miles »
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Election '12
« Reply #71 on: January 11, 2012, 03:40:01 am »

At least Tim Tebow can't run for president.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Election '12
« Reply #72 on: January 11, 2012, 05:32:32 am »

At least Tim Tebow can't run for president.

Not for another decade or so anyway.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Election '12
« Reply #73 on: January 11, 2012, 07:25:11 am »

Yeah I guess I'd mainly been hearing about Gingrich, Bachman and Cain but I guess those latter two are long gone by now?
 And Ron Paul of course.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Election '12
« Reply #74 on: January 11, 2012, 02:27:20 pm »

Somewhere or other, someone suggested "What a coup it would be for any of the Republican candidates to get a Tebow endorsement right now."

As for WTF is going on with this election: I am holding on to hope that the crazy-selgiraffe-asshole vote is overrepresented in the country's news and popular culture right now. That when November rolls around, relatively sane people will look at the Republican nominee and say "No way I'm voting for this maniac." The trouble, of course, is getting the sane people to give a shit. Or the possibility that this country really does have a majority of crazy, selgiraffe assholes.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 22   Go Up