Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No, Philippe! Too soon!

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 22   Go Down

Author Topic: Election '12  (Read 50950 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Election '12
« Reply #255 on: October 21, 2012, 03:24:48 am »

and this is exactly how romney will win.

Predictions, anyone?
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Election '12
« Reply #256 on: October 21, 2012, 05:39:01 am »

Doesn't it send more of a message by saying my vote matters and Obama isn't getting it?  Like, to what's the difference to me if Romney or Obama mean?  Nothing.  Why shouldn't my vote reflect that?
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Election '12
« Reply #257 on: October 21, 2012, 06:10:11 am »

Wait, you honestly think that an Obama administration and a Romney administration would not be different? I mean, a couple potential Romney Supreme Court appointments alone should give a liberal night terrors. I may be feeling apathetic but that's because I'm not rich enough to make a difference and as a Utahn my vote means absolutely fuck all.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Election '12
« Reply #258 on: October 21, 2012, 07:23:38 am »

They would be different, but not on the issues I care about/ Obama has not done one big thing I agree with and has done multiple things I disagree strongly with.

My hope is more of a Romney wins and makes our country as shitty as possible as fast as possible and we get actual change the next time.  I can't actually vote for that though.  I am willing to concede that people with actual jobs, who haven't gone negative in their bank account at least once a month for like the last year, with families and shit, should probably feel differently.  I don't have those things and don't care about burning this shit to the ground so we can start again.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Election '12
« Reply #259 on: October 21, 2012, 07:24:58 am »

Like- who do I think is more competent?  Obama.


Who do you pick if you want a better world though?  I am going neither.


I had to be talked into voting really hard too, and I am only doing it because of the legalizing weed amendment in CO (though I feel a little dirty about that- like once I vote for that I lose the moral high ground of who the fuck are you to tell me what to do.  It is actively buying in.  I will have to be a hypocrite on this issue I guess.)

George Carlin says it best- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIraCchPDhk

Clif Notes- The public sucks, fuck hope.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 07:29:43 am by KeithHernandez »
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Election '12
« Reply #260 on: October 21, 2012, 07:56:40 am »

Carlin's logic is flawed.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Election '12
« Reply #261 on: October 21, 2012, 08:28:35 am »

Every time I go into society in anyway I deal with idiots.  They are all over the fuck*ng place.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Election '12
« Reply #262 on: October 21, 2012, 09:11:23 am »

For some reason the thing that makes me want to flip out is the "food stamp president" thing. Yeah, more people have gone onto food stamps under Obama. Rather than attempting to argue that it isn't his fault, we should embrace that. Why have more people gone onto food stamps?? Because our president made it a priority to help people who needed assistance by expanding that program. Studies have shown that it is one of the most cost-effective ways to help struggling families, and also has a positive effect on the economy.

This article discusses this and is interesting.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Election '12
« Reply #263 on: October 21, 2012, 03:16:44 pm »

Who would you rather be appointing Supreme Court justices?

If you think there's not a difference and that difference will not have an effect on you, I'm sorry, but I think you're a dumbass.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Election '12
« Reply #264 on: October 21, 2012, 03:34:32 pm »

Obama has not done one big thing I agree with and has done multiple things I disagree strongly with.

i understand disagreeing with the affordable care act: either it goes too far or not far enough. what that statement makes me wonder is that maybe you disagree with repealing don't ask don't tell? or expanding the enforcement of equal pay for women? or turning our iraq situation into more of a germany in the '80s than a 'nam in the '60s?

keith, i hardly knew ye
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Election '12
« Reply #265 on: October 21, 2012, 03:43:32 pm »

Who would you rather be appointing Supreme Court justices?

If you think there's not a difference and that difference will not have an effect on you, I'm sorry, but I think you're a dumbass.

Exactly. Not that you're a dumbass, but that this is a perfect example of how the election directly impacts you. Although judging by Gonzales v. Raich marijuana legalization at the state level is probably fucked. But, an Obama administration is less likely to challenge it than a Romney administration, so at least you'd have a chance of enjoying legal recreational pot, should the law pass, for a few years.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Election '12
« Reply #266 on: October 21, 2012, 09:05:46 pm »

i understand disagreeing with the affordable care act: either it goes too far or not far enough. what that statement makes me wonder is that maybe you disagree with repealing don't ask don't tell? or expanding the enforcement of equal pay for women? or turning our iraq situation into more of a germany in the '80s than a 'nam in the '60s?

keith, i hardly knew ye


I disagree with not just making gay marriage legal.  I disagree with saying the war in Afghanistan is over and leaving the same number of (or more) troops there.  I don't have confidence in the dude to get what he wants through congress.  And most importantly, I disagree strongly with forcing people to give their money to private corporations just for being alive and saying he would reconsider our drug laws as a candidate then laughing about it and busting more medical marijuana businesses than W as president.

He made crack and cocaine punishment somewhat more equal, where at least you have to be a dealer to get the mandatory minimum 5 years for crack (28 g vs 5 g in the past), but to get the minimum 5 years for cocaine it is still 500 grams- which is still fucked but better.

I am kind of a single issue voter and fuck both of them on personal freedom.  Until I can get high on whatever I want, pay anyone who is willing to fuck me and marry who ever I want I am kinda out.  To be fair- I am not gay and have never been/would never go to a prostitute.  I get high all the time off of everything.

A small piece of me knows I should vote for Obama, and this isn't hurting, so y'all can keep trying if you want- I just think I am probably out.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 09:11:44 pm by KeithHernandez »
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Election '12
« Reply #267 on: October 22, 2012, 12:55:29 am »

oh boy...
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Election '12
« Reply #268 on: October 22, 2012, 01:25:57 am »

Who would you rather be appointing Supreme Court justices?

If you think there's not a difference and that difference will not have an effect on you, I'm sorry, but I think you're a dumbass.

And oh yeah, I don't think it is possible to stutter in type- I "don't care about burning this shit to the ground so we can start again."  That doesn't really leave room for worrying about Supreme Court bullshit.  I am talking there would not be a supreme court.  That is my number one goal- to get this country completely fucked so we can just start from scratch.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Election '12
« Reply #269 on: October 22, 2012, 02:26:04 am »

Yeah, totally. FUCK the rule of law.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 22   Go Up