I disagree with not just making gay marriage legal. I disagree with saying the war in Afghanistan is over and leaving the same number of (or more) troops there. I don't have confidence in the dude to get what he wants through congress. And most importantly, I disagree strongly with forcing people to give their money to private corporations just for being alive and saying he would reconsider our drug laws as a candidate then laughing about it and busting more medical marijuana businesses than W as president.
I agree that he has been a disappointment when it comes to drug policy, and I hope that if he is re-elected he'll come around. He can't afford to appear soft on crime at all right now. I also agree that healthcare reform was a big disappointment, although that can't be blamed entirely (not even mostly I'd say) on him. And has he really said that the war in Afghanistan is over? That's not rhetorical, I am curious.
But you do realize that Obama can't make gay marriage legal, right? He can introduce legislation and use his bully pulpit, but because marriage laws are determined state by state he can't just waive his magic pen and sign an executive order to make it legal in every state. At least I don't think he can. Can he? But anyway my point is, social change like this takes years because it can only be done by electing new members of congress, or electing presidents who appoint Supreme Court justices who will uphold or overturn legislation to support the social change.
People give the office of the US president WAY too much credit and blame in the short term, but underestimate the lingering effects of an administration. The result is that people get impatient and vote a guy out just because he can't eliminate unemployment, poverty and all of our enemies all while magically erasing all of our debt and instituting a flat tax, and vote the next guy in who promises that he can. OR people get disillusioned because he can't do those things and correctly realize that no one can, but forget that change takes time.
Seriously though, predictions anyone? Or are you all too terrified?