I'm still kinda mad at Clinton about 2000. Yeah, there were definitely shenanigans that went down in Florida, and I agree completely with Ash's point about not knowing who won the next morning. But I can't help but think that if ol' Bill could've kept his dong under control, Gore wins that election easily. And who knows how things would have turned out. Maybe we wouldn't have the Bush tax cuts, and the national debt that is, according to some, currently the source of all evil, would be in much better shape today. Maybe the reaction to 9/11 is much different, or maybe it doesn't happen at all (REAL hard to know that, but we can dream). Maybe we'd have made realistic progress towards dealing with climate change.
I could be completely wrong. Clinton has enjoyed a resurgence in recent years as an elder statesman for the Democratic party, and there's a lot of things for a liberal Dem to love about the guy. But for chrissakes, if he could have abstained from a couple of blowjobs our recent history could be COMPLETELY different.