Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Would Star Trek have had the same gravitas if Spock had been named Vince?

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Promoting TOUAMB on Facebook  (Read 3313 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Promoting TOUAMB on Facebook
« on: September 01, 2011, 12:14:57 am »

I was thinking about posting a link to TOUAMB on the wall of the Facebook Achewood group to maybe get us a couple of new members.  Some fresh meat as it were.  Then I started reading the comments and realized it was made up almost entirely of Assbar dipshits and immediately canceled that idea.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Promoting TOUAMB on Facebook
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2011, 12:36:36 am »

im probably the best and brightest assbar dipshit.  especially considering i never was a big deal on that board.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Promoting TOUAMB on Facebook
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2011, 01:11:17 am »

im probably the best and brightest assbar dipshit. 

Well there might be another GKA among that crowd, but more likely to get a Shithead.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Promoting TOUAMB on Facebook
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2011, 12:31:37 am »

I don't think there's any point on wooing anyone interested in talking about Achewood to this board at this point, unless it's to read the archive. 

Maybe it's more worthwhile to explore what other commonalities do we all have that are woo-worty?  Are there any?
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Promoting TOUAMB on Facebook
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2011, 12:54:32 am »

I'm going to confess this just so you can all get a moment of amusement out of it. It is my fantasy ever since Onstad posted "We've set the home page up to show a random comic from the last ten years while we gird the new generation of Achewood." I'm dreaming that he is drawing a bunch of new comics, but he's not going to start posting them till he's accumulated enough that he can post them on a regular schedule and not run out before he comes up with new ones.

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Promoting TOUAMB on Facebook
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2011, 12:56:40 am »

i take pride in the fine women of this community.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Promoting TOUAMB on Facebook
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2011, 01:51:14 am »

I like to think that he has a growing pile of... hundreds and hundreds of strips that are all about how much he hates his readers for providing him with a living and a sliver of cult fame.

Interspersed with strips about golf and how the cute things his child does have never been done by any other child in the history of people making children.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Promoting TOUAMB on Facebook
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2011, 04:45:52 am »

Wombat dreams big.

Her dreams are worth a tcodp.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: Promoting TOUAMB on Facebook
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2011, 06:39:10 pm »

Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Promoting TOUAMB on Facebook
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2011, 07:48:02 pm »

One of Pedro's work friends posted that recently, and another work friend made a comment that made it seem like he didn't realize that The Onion is fake.

So sad. So true.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Promoting TOUAMB on Facebook
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2011, 07:50:10 pm »

One of Pedro's work friends posted that recently, and another work friend made a comment that made it seem like he didn't realize that The Onion is fake.

It's a sad thing to learn that your friends are dumber than they appear.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Promoting TOUAMB on Facebook
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2011, 08:07:02 pm »

One of Pedro's work friends posted that recently, and another work friend made a comment that made it seem like he didn't realize that The Onion is fake.

So sad. So true.

That's what this place is for.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Promoting TOUAMB on Facebook
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2011, 12:07:43 am »

I will say this about Onstad. To me, dude is always funny. He may be shitty at the same time, and his frequency may not be what I want, but he's always funny - to me. Also, because I never read it daily (at least not after the first year or two), this thing here doesn't bother me, as long as I pretend he really is coming back some day.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: [1]   Go Up