Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Once you been to a few weddings, you realize ain’t nobody gives a damn if you readin’ custom vows or the 1987 “Let’s Go!” guide to Bahrain. Just use that stuff about Do/Don’t and Sickness or Health and you gonna get the job done.  -=RAY=-

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jack White and Insane Clown Posse Team Up on Mozart Cover  (Read 2442 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Jack White and Insane Clown Posse Team Up on Mozart Cover
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2011, 06:00:54 pm »

[[barf]]
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Jack White and Insane Clown Posse Team Up on Mozart Cover
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2011, 07:18:43 pm »

ICP = most cynical musical act since KISS.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Jack White and Insane Clown Posse Team Up on Mozart Cover
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2011, 10:49:16 pm »

What's interesting about the internet age is how easy it is to hide cynical marketing schemes behind "we're just doing it for our fans, we're one of them!"

It's so easy to astroturf a demand for... fan conventions or a hundred live album releases or a thousand tie-in tee-shirts.

It's nearly automatic to throw up a message board or a facebook page and simulate a level of interaction with your base.

And then exploit the living shit out of that imagined connection.

ICP is the Tea Party of bands, a well-constructed fake grassroots translating into shallow-thinking journalists and fanboys believing it is real.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Jack White and Insane Clown Posse Team Up on Mozart Cover
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2011, 12:30:44 am »

fuck*ng magnets!
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Jack White and Insane Clown Posse Team Up on Mozart Cover
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2011, 01:03:56 am »

I believe that ICP had actual grass roots development of its fanbase at some point, but who cares. They're awful. Connecting with your fans in person can be just as cynical as the interwebs.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Jack White and Insane Clown Posse Team Up on Mozart Cover
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2011, 01:22:14 am »

charlie manson had a grassroots development of his fanbase, too.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Jack White and Insane Clown Posse Team Up on Mozart Cover
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2011, 01:53:35 am »

Sometimes I have no idea what the fuck y'all are talking about and not only am I OK with that, I suspect that it's a really good thing.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Jack White and Insane Clown Posse Team Up on Mozart Cover
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2011, 02:06:33 am »

What does this have to do with cynicism?  Wait a minute, are you telling me that ICP actually do know how magnets work?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Jack White and Insane Clown Posse Team Up on Mozart Cover
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2011, 03:47:03 pm »

I wish this hadn't happened.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Jack White and Insane Clown Posse Team Up on Mozart Cover
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2011, 11:06:57 am »

I am so fuck*ng disappoint.

I thought Jack White was a Neil Young/Frank Zappa kind of guy from what I'd seen of his interviews. I mean, brother gotta get paid, but he just gave this whole other impression. Oh well, another commodity.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: [1]   Go Up