Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that the best way to sound like a noob here is to ask what the Tiny Cans of Dr. Pepper are about?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: College Football 2011  (Read 21711 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
College Football 2011
« on: September 04, 2011, 12:21:41 am »

College football kicks off for Nabu and me right about now. Oregon has already been penalized three times on the first drive, and we're punting. Fuck. Nabu, hope your team is doing better against the SEC right now. Lister, that was a hard fought win today. I forget who everyone else likes.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: College Football 2011
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2011, 01:01:23 am »

Looks like my Cougars won a shoot out against UCLA.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: College Football 2011
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2011, 01:18:46 am »

Alls I know is Syracuse'll be probably in that particular hell of awful where they're bad but not so bad that they don't get invited to a bowl game no one has ever heard of.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: College Football 2011
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2011, 03:45:58 am »

Welp, now that Oregon is effectively out of the championship race, barring some fuckup by LSU, Bama or Oklahoma, I really hope this is your year, Nabu.

Stanford will be very tough but we're certainly still in contention for the Rose Bowl. We played a solid fourth quarter, and if Harris ends up playing, and Barner and LaMichael stay healthy, we should be back to form by next week. Especially if a couple of those freshman can learn how to hang on to the ball.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: College Football 2011
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2011, 06:18:12 pm »

I wasn't trying to be a dick, just warn you west coast hippies that these Oklahoma and Texas teams don't fuck around.  When OU loses in the national championship game (gets blown out) there is a pretty large group that wants stoops fired.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: College Football 2011
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2011, 07:13:54 pm »

You don't have to tell me that Oregon has some serious weaknesses, and that there's a pattern of failing to execute in big games. And that college football is small time compared to the south and midwest. But Oregon has a solid foundation, which it hasn't had for most of its history. As long as these scandals don't do too much damage.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: College Football 2011
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2011, 02:56:10 pm »

Man, remember when my Alma Mater fucked up the Sooners that one time?

Anyway, that was lots of fun and now the SEC boosters can shut the fuck up for a while, but they won't.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: College Football 2011
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2011, 01:43:02 am »

Boy howdy, was it annoying as hell to not see Nationals-Mets highlights on SportsCenter Sunday morning, in favor of a bazillion college football recaps, many of which had scores like 41-7.

JMO, YMMV, but the early part of the college football season is mostly bullshit.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: College Football 2011
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2011, 05:59:28 am »

JMO, YMMV, but the early part of the college football season is mostly bullshit.

It starts off as bullshit and ends up as bullshit too.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: College Football 2011
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2011, 01:56:12 am »

Dudes, even as a AQ conference school fan I agree that the BCS is fucked. I want playoffs as much as the next guy (could have benefited us in 2001 for sure). And sure, first couple weeks especially feature some seriously fucktarded match-ups. But there were also some amazing games over the weekend, and that's going to be the case every week. This year I actually look forward to watch Oregon every week without the rankings pressure. Or I keep telling myself that. But seriously, there's gonna be some exciting football this year, regardless of whether you think the championship is legit.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: College Football 2011
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2011, 02:23:55 am »

I used to really like the David and Goliath aspect of the opening week matches until I learned that Goliath is paying David for his part.  Now I realize it's just more sleazy money ruining the game.  Somewhere on this board a couple of years ago I likened it to prostitution. I wish I could remember what I said, but I don't have the CJ power in me.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: College Football 2011
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2011, 08:55:31 pm »

Yeah, those games dropped a $100k into the athletic department, but you gotta pay for bitches softball somehow, right?

Hey, I don't blame David for taking the money.  It's a victimless crime, right? 
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: College Football 2011
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2011, 12:11:36 am »

A few very good games (Michigan v Notre Dame, damn!) but no shocking upsets that I'm aware of.

I was there in Eugene to witness the Wolf Pack slaughter. While it was awesome to catch an Oregon game, I felt bad. I really like Nevada. Also, Oregon still has some things that need major work.

Next week I'm very much looking forward to the Oklahoma/Florida State and BYU/Utah games, but I'll likely have to miss both.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: College Football 2011
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2011, 03:35:03 am »

We do not play the Little Sisters of the Poor. We play very fine schools on any given day.

Gord, your team edged the Little Sisters of the Poor by 5 in your house. BSU took them apart by 25 in Toledo. Hm. Good luck with the "Murderer's Row" section of your schedule.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: College Football 2011
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2011, 03:59:54 am »

Son of a bitch.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Up