Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Would Star Trek have had the same gravitas if Spock had been named Vince?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: College Football 2011  (Read 21729 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: College Football 2011
« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2011, 07:31:39 pm »

I'm trying to figure out what would be appropriate for a guy who set up a chicken coop to play chicken hawk at. There was a guy a while ago, hockey coach, who did this with a juniors team (if I recall correctly). It was kind of a big deal because one of the pros he was involved with tried to kill his dad or something? (Whoops, conflating the Graham James case with the Mike Danton/David Frost deal.)

 I don't have kids, but if I did I'd be putting a pretty close eye on the folks I put in charge of them in situations like that. Of course, in the Sandusky case, there wasn't really anyone to look out for those kids.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: College Football 2011
« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2011, 07:37:45 pm »

I'm trying to figure out what would be appropriate for a guy who set up a chicken coop to play chicken hawk at.

well obviously catholic priest is the gold standard.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: College Football 2011
« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2011, 07:40:02 pm »

well obviously catholic priest is the gold standard.

No, no. We want the guy punished. And not by some invisible superhero dude he's going to meet after he dies.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: College Football 2011
« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2011, 08:20:18 pm »

No, no. We want the guy punished. And not by some invisible superhero dude he's going to meet after he dies.

Ha ha, I totally misread the question.  I thought he was asking what was the best way to go about being a chicken hawk.

Yeah, what's appropriate.  For Sandusky burning at the stake or stoning would be cool.  But spending the rest of his life in prison would satisfy.  As for Paterno, it was unclear from reading that Grand Jury report that he was ever told about the butt fuck*ng.  When it got to him it was described as "hossplay." Unless I read that wrong as well. So for him losing his job is enough.

Also, I have a question.  When did "Joe Pa" become a thing?  I had never heard that before this scandal arose.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: College Football 2011
« Reply #49 on: November 10, 2011, 08:24:33 pm »

Oh, maybe twenty years into his coaching tenure. So a century ago.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: College Football 2011
« Reply #50 on: November 12, 2011, 08:02:59 pm »

Holy shit Oklahoma State.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: College Football 2011
« Reply #51 on: November 12, 2011, 09:21:17 pm »

I'm not displeased about the Penn State result.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: College Football 2011
« Reply #52 on: November 12, 2011, 09:58:07 pm »

Yeah.

Everytime I saw a sign in support of Paterno in the crowd, I pretty much wanted to reach through the screen and rip out some still-beating hearts.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: College Football 2011
« Reply #53 on: November 13, 2011, 01:11:01 am »

Broncos lose to TCU at home. There goes their chance at a BCS bowl. Hey guys? History shows you should not leave it up to the kicker.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: College Football 2011
« Reply #54 on: November 13, 2011, 01:40:06 am »

Sorry dude.

Edit: Sympathy can and imaginary hugs.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 01:46:58 am by miles »
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: College Football 2011
« Reply #55 on: November 19, 2011, 05:33:24 pm »

I just heard Lee Corso say "ah, fuck it" when he picked Houston over SMU. Made my day.

Edit: link. Also, Carl Lewis was there.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 05:37:00 pm by miles »
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: College Football 2011
« Reply #56 on: November 20, 2011, 04:33:31 am »

fuck*ng field goals.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: College Football 2011
« Reply #57 on: November 20, 2011, 05:03:57 am »

Holy shit. A thrilling (though very upsetting for me) weekend. Unfuck*ngbelievable. Let's see if Stanford can hang on.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: College Football 2011
« Reply #58 on: November 20, 2011, 07:18:31 am »

I'm waiting for Paul to point out that it doesn't matter that Oregon had its BCS title hopes dashed tonight because it's not really a championship anyway. Come on dude, help a brother out.

Also, Chip Kelly is a god, but that last drive was like the worst coaching I've ever witnessed from him. He was playing for the tie, which basically is the opposite of what he always does, what he represents. Guy has fuck*ng balls. They must have retracted tonight when he decided too early to go for the field goal tie (didn't you see the Boise State v Nevada/TCU games? Don't mean to throw salt on fresh wounds Nabu, but seriously. We were on a fuck*ng roll. Only God (or a god as it turned out) could have stopped us). Oh well, if we beat Oregon State we clinch the North, and if we don't, well, ah, fuck it. I hope UCLA (or Utah? Jesus) beats Stanford just for chuckles. If it weren't for my new position at work I'd be at that Oregon State game. Goddamnit.

I'm in Vegas tonight, and was thinking about putting some money down on the game. Thing is, though I'm reluctant to admit it, I'm a bit superstitious and won't bet on games in which I have an emotional stake. So at least I'm only out $40 this weekend, as opposed to a couple hundo or so.

Keith. Sorry dude. Though I took some pleasure in both OK teams being upset. But only because it helps to know I'm not the only one grieving. If it helps I've been listening to a lot of Flaming Lips this weekend. But...

FUCK THE SEC. Fuck them in the eye. If we get an LSU/Bama title game goddamnit I am going to occupy fuck*ng New Orleans. I'm not crazy about OU or OSU (go Baylor!) but I was hoping that if it wasn't Oregon, Boise State would knock them off their perch, and if not them, Stanford (shudder), and if not them, well, anyone else. Sorry Lister.

Rambling mean-spirited post, but in my defense I am a bit (lot) intoxicated. I need a fuck*ng burger and probably more booze.

GO HOUSTON!
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: College Football 2011
« Reply #59 on: November 20, 2011, 07:57:17 am »

Goddamnit! Playoffs bitches! Need playoffs. Petition. Also, I'd like a rematch. Petition to allow USC post-season play. fuck*ng Lane Kiffin. Also, I have a serious thing for Kristen Wiig. But SNL isn't that funny anymore. I'm not old enough to be like, Chevy and Belushi and Akroyd is where SNL lived and died. But I really like Wayne's World? I should stop mixing intoxicants. I've noticed that when people post drunk/otherwise there are serious spelling errors. I think I reduce those because I am really self-conscious especially when I'm drunk/otherwise. Grammar, that's another story.

So SNL just had this fuck*ng terrible Ricky Gervais impersonation among others. But I would like to fuck Kristen Wiig. She did a decent but easy Kathie Lee thing just now. But why does SNL think Gervais needs to be mocked? He's one of my fuck*ng heroes.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Up